nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default keep for DD2 or return?

I was at Ross last night and happened upon these for DD:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bearpaw-Cable-...0811744&sr=8-1
    In grey.
    I got them for $20. Well, they are too small. I didn't realize these run soooo small. Oh well.
    Should I return or keep for DD2? Probably won't fit her for 4 years.... do you think they'll still be "in"? They are so cute and for the price, well-made.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Personally, I would return them. That is a long time to hold onto them, and IME, my children's feet go through growth spurts and their shoe sizing is unpredictable. I would be afraid that I would hold onto the boots and then DC2 would not be wearing that size when boot are "in season" and no one would get to wear them.

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

yeah, I'm likely going to return them. I just wish they fit DD!! I'm going to return them to a different Ross and see if they have a bigger size there...probably wishful thinking but one can hope .
    Oh well.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

I just have to say that I read this title as "keep DD2 or return" and I was thinking wow, my hospital won't take returns! I might have considered that a time or two.
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

mecawa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would return them. As much as I love them, 4 years is a long time, and you'll probably find other thing for her at that time.

Inexpensive clothes I might keep to avoid the hassle of returns. But boots I would take back--too big a chance of them not fitting in season.

Catherine