Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default help pick the DD's outfits for family pics...

We are having family pics done this weekend outside, in our backyard (fall leaves, woods, etc.). It won't be cold here, high of about 70.
    Here is what DH, DS, and I are wearing (with dark jeans- I might wear black pants with mine, will decide day of):

Here are 2 options for DD1 (6.5 years old):

She'll probably wear black boots with both, and grey tights with the dress that I have to buy (didn't have her size left at the one Target I went to)

Here are 2 options for DD2 (11 months)- one of them matches a DD1 option:

But their leggings if they wear matching outfits aren't the exact same color, and I am not sure I really want them to have matching outfits. She'll probably wear berry colored robeez or black mary jane robeez type shoes with them (not walking yet so doesn't really matter).

Help? Do all these choices suck? I'm trying to be a bit more creative and feel like I'm failing. But after 2 nights of running around town until 10:00 shopping I'm getting burnt out! Aaagh!

I'm leaning towards the gray dress for younger DD and the floral for older DD....input?
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Nice color palette! I like silver for older DD and striped for little DD. My reasoning is that I wonder if your sweater+the flowered dress might not come out a little busy in the pics. Just a thought.
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

Quote Originally Posted by LMPC View Post
    Nice color palette! I like silver for older DD and striped for little DD. My reasoning is that I wonder if your sweater+the flowered dress might not come out a little busy in the pics. Just a thought.
    I think the flowered dress might be a bit much for the pics.
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

mjs64 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Oh, I think all of the options are terrific! I would go for different outfits for the DDs and so not worry about matching or buying more leggings. Silver for older, striped for younger. All in all, as PP said, it's a gorgeous palette. Not too busy, I don't think, with the patterns, and not too matchy-matchy. Stop shopping. You've far from failed--this is great.
    Last edited by mjs64; 11-11-2011 at 01:41 AM.
    My baby boy is 3!

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I would go for the flower dress for the older and the gray top for the younger.
    My reasoning is that I wouldn't want them to match, and I wouldn't want 2 of the three kids in stripes.
    Cute outfits all around.

SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Catherine

mecawa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think your color choices are GREAT!!! I would pick the grey/silver dress for DD1 and either the grey/silver or striped for DD2. If you don't want to do the matchy thing then go with the stripe. The floral one may be a bit too much print to go along with what everyone else is wearing.

I think your choices will make a really nice picture especially outdoors.

This. Nice outfits!
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

WitMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I like the gray/silver for older DD and the pink striped for younger DD.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast