Default 30 Day Shred question

I've been doing Jillian Michael's 30ds pretty regularly lately, but I alternate days of 30ds and days of just cardio (stationary bike). In the past, everything I've been told or read about seems to say that you shouldn't do strength training 2 days in a row- that your muscles need a day to recuperate or adjust or something like that.

Jillian seems to have a different philosophy- that for 30ds to work, you shouldn't be taking breaks from the weights, and should do them on consecutve days.

I know my muscles always ache a bit the day after I've done 30ds, but I certainly could do it again.

Just curious what others have done. If you did 30ds on consecutive days, did you see faster results, or did you seem to do some 'damage'?
    DD1 '08
    DD2 '10

I got bored with it when I did it 30 days in a row. I used your method and did better
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have never been able to commit to the entire 30 days of shred. But I am on day 6 now myself and I try to do everyday, or at least 5 days a week. I am also trying to get 40 minutes of elliptical in 4-5 days a week as well...we'll see how it goes. I think somewhere of the shred DVD she says it's meant to do 4-5 times a week.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008