HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Boys winter coats in size 8-10?

Does anyone know which brands have coats sized 8-10? DS is currently in a Columbia Sportswear size 8. It literally JUST fits him. I LOVE this coat and so does DS. However, the next size is a 10-12 and it's HUGE. DS could use an 8-10 or a 10 that runs a little small. I thought DS could get away with his current coat for the winter but I don't think it's going to last. Which brands should we look at for the sizing we are looking for?
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

LLB and Patagonia run small. Check out the LLB down jacket. Has a great hood, temp rated to neg 15 which is overkill for your area. The size ten should be fine. It's $69 and 10% off this weekend, so modestly priced for a nice jacket (600 fill down). Assuming it works as well as I suspect, this will be my goto winter jacket for my boys. (With maybe a discounted Squall for serious snow play).

I have had great luck with the Patagonia outlet in Maine. Their down jacket (no hood) and puff rider are fantastic jackets. Each will probably me more money than anything from LLB.