Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    I think both used to be done by age. I just think divisions by age make more sense than divisions by gender.

Catherine
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    I posted a link to making similar blocks on an ornament craft thread.

http://thecraftingchicks.com/2009/12...ornaments.html
    Thank you!!

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by anne-girl View Post
    His book list is way way longer... he's a voracious reader!
    share please
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

Looking at this post and realizing how seriously spoiled my 3 1/2 year old is going to be this christmas
    Renee
    (mommom to Noah my beautiful Ethiopian miracle. born 6/26/08 forever a family 4/20/09)

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    I think both used to be done by age. I just think divisions by age make more sense than divisions by gender.

Catherine
    Sorry - I just went by what had been done last year when I noticed none had been started yet. It was kind of a busy time. Hopefully next year we can remember to start them by age group.
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

edited because I misunderstood!
    Last edited by KrisM; 11-27-2011 at 05:40 PM.
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by missym View Post
    Sorry - I just went by what had been done last year when I noticed none had been started yet. It was kind of a busy time. Hopefully next year we can remember to start them by age group.
    No problem. I think last year was the first divided by gender instead of age. And obviously some people prefer it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    I like having just 2 threads to read, instead of having to check and post in 2 different ones for 2 boys. Everyone posts the ages anyway. Besides, if you divide it up and say boys 3-5 or something, you still have a big range. I guess if you did 1 thread per year old, it might be easier, but that seems like a lot of threads!
    It was always a range, but small enough to be manageable. And there was NO gender division. It was kids 3-5 not boys 3-5. Now if I want to see every idea for my 20 month old, I have to read both threads. In my world, girls play with trucks and boys play with kitchens so its not like gender divisons of toys are meaningful or helpful in sorting out what my kids might like. And the threads are so much longer this way, it's a lot to wade through with much of it being totally irrelevant to what I am looking for.

Catherine

Kris

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    People have different ways of looking for information. I'd rather look at one page than a bunch of different ones. I'm lazy. I don't want to have to open the age 3 thread, and maybe age 4 incase something there would work for DS2, then the ages 5 and 6 for DD and 7, 8, and probably 9 for DS1. Just a different way to do it works for different people, that's all.
    But don't you have to open the girls thread too? Or do you assume that there is no overlap in interests? I just don't see gender lines as that rigid or meaningful in terms of toys. At least 90 percent of the toys in our house are gender neutral by nearly anyone's standards (rocking horse, activity cube, unit blocks, etc, etc). What makes a toy a "boy" toy and not a "girl" toy?

Catherine

Kris

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast