Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,279

    Default PBK Anywhere Chair vs LE Snug Harbor Chair?

    Anyone else see the new LE Snug Harbor Chair? I don't know how long it's been out, but I noticed it in the latest catalog. It must be pretty new since there's only two reviews on it so far. Looking at the insert, it looks like it may be a little sturdier than the Anywhere Chair, and with LE coupons always available, no oversize shipping surcharge, and 6% cashback from Ebates, it can be bought for a lot cheaper than the Anywhere Chair. Looking at the dimensions, it seems to be a little bit bigger than the Anywhere Chair. It's the same width but because of the shape of the arms, the actual seat part is bigger (and a few inches deeper as well). Anyone have it yet?

    http://www.landsend.com/pp/SnugHarbo...&origin=search

    http://www.landsend.com/pp/SnugHarbo...&origin=search

    I just wish they had a cover that was a true navy blue (instead of denim) or a brown.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

  2. #2
    wellyes's Avatar
    wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    20,133

    Default

    Those are just covers. "Foam inserts sold separately".

    My kids fight over our Little Reader chair: http://www.amazon.com/PKolino-Little.../dp/B0018LVHP2
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    Those are just covers. "Foam inserts sold separately".

    My kids fight over our Little Reader chair: http://www.amazon.com/PKolino-Little.../dp/B0018LVHP2
    Yes, I know.

    The whole chair (insert and cover) is $99, which is the same price as the Anywhere Chair, but there's 20% off coupons all the time, plus free shipping, and 6% cashback on Ebates. That would bring the total price down to $74 + tax shipped. And with the friends & family coupon for 25% that just ended yesterday, the price would have been even cheaper at $69 + tax shipped. The Anywhere Chair has an extra $10 shipping surcharge, plus regular shipping ($17), and no cashback which means even the cheapest $99 chair ends up being $130+ shipped.


    The Pikolino chair would be way too small for us. DS2 is already the size of a 3 year old and DS1 is 8.
    Last edited by essnce629; 11-16-2011 at 02:45 PM.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

  4. #4
    Kaylee31's Avatar
    Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    I haven't seen the LE chair, but PBK has navy for about $88 shipped, the oversized is about $20 more (and is backordered).
    http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produ...rds=68-2882983
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee31 View Post
    I haven't seen the LE chair, but PBK has navy for about $88 shipped, the oversized is about $20 more (and is backordered).
    http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produ...rds=68-2882983
    That chair came out to be $90.xx shipped for me.

    I decided to order the LE chair. I placed 2 separate orders (one for the insert, and one for the cover) using the 40% off coupon each time and added a $1 item to bring each order up to $50 (before the discount) to get the free shipping. It ended up being $33.37 shipped for each piece, so $66.74 shipped and then I'll get another $4 cashback by going through Ebates, which brings the total down to $62.74! That's $27 cheaper than the cheapest Anywhere Chair and the LE chair is slightly bigger!!!!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

  6. #6
    Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,266

    Default

    Thanks for posting! I hope you'll update with a review after they arrive. I am very interested in these...
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

  7. #7
    wellyes's Avatar
    wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    20,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    That chair came out to be $90.xx shipped for me.

    I decided to order the LE chair. I placed 2 separate orders (one for the insert, and one for the cover) using the 40% off coupon each time and added a $1 item to bring each order up to $50 (before the discount) to get the free shipping. It ended up being $33.37 shipped for each piece, so $66.74 shipped and then I'll get another $4 cashback by going through Ebates, which brings the total down to $62.74! That's $27 cheaper than the cheapest Anywhere Chair and the LE chair is slightly bigger!!!!
    I'm sold!!! If I don't like it, I can return to Sears, right?

    Found the code:
    Promotion Code: FROST
    PIN: 9471
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Thanks for posting! I hope you'll update with a review after they arrive. I am very interested in these...
    I'll definately post a review after is arrives and I hope everyone else who gets one will too!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Coast, CA
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Have you gotten your chair yet? Any thoughts?
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

  10. #10
    lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    Those are just covers. "Foam inserts sold separately".

    My kids fight over our Little Reader chair: http://www.amazon.com/PKolino-Little.../dp/B0018LVHP2
    Here too! I have the PBK anywhere chair for my 5 year old, and the PKolino chair for my 21 month old. I might as well sell the PBK chair because it rarely gets sat in. The Pkolino chair on the other hand has a butt in it constantly!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •