Default Summer Infant Day&Night Handheld Color Video Monitor

Hi all,

I'm interested in this monitor after reading the BB review, however it doesn't seem to be available anymore... and newer models don't seem to have as many positive reviews, at least on sites like Amazon. Any suggestions on 1) where to find it or 2) which newer model is as good?

Thanks!

Giantbear is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i have it, the base unit and the handheld. Love the handheld, but the base does not have great range and gets static. But it is the only unit that had a base and handheld unit i knew of. Would i recommend it, i say get it, set it up and see how the static is on the base with the option of returning it.
    Proud father of dd 5-30-10

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Older models will have more reviews because they've had lots of time for people to buy them. When we bought ours, we got the one with the bigger screen and it had not been reviewed. Used it tonight. Works well. Just get the newest model of any with the option of returning it if it doesn't work in your house.

I'd like to get it - just need to find a place that still stocks it...

That's what I bought for DS so the model would have been bought around 2009. It worked great, especially considering the bad reviews of most monitors, and I got a good deal with a coupon at Babies R Us. But in the past six mos or so the screen quality has been going downhill and the sound started to crackle. I wanted a better one of our new baby and wanted a pan and scan option so I could keep an eye on DS playing in his new room so after researching I went with Motorola. Much better picture quality, even when compared with Summer Infant brand new, and I love the pan and scan function. It also has a zoom quality which will be great with an infant. Great deal at Diapers.com with coupon code.