Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boolady View Post
    I think I've been a de facto member in my head without actually applying for membership (blushing). I love, love, love brussel sprouts. We have roasted brussel sprouts at least once every 10 days this time of year, and we're having a delicious shaved brussel sprout sautee on Thanksgiving for the second year running. I don't know what the requirements of actual membership are, but I'd love to be considered.
    Your shaved Brussel sprout saute caught my eye on the other thread....that definitely sounds like a recipe that should be shared!

emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ever since the original brussel sprout threads, we've been eating them almost every week (when they are in stock at Costco). We just cut them in half and roast them in the oven with salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil. DH and I love 'em! Still can't get the kids to touch them tho.

I dont know that I have recipe to share Although, I think I did make a brussel sprout recipe with cranberries one Thanksgiving a few years back. Can I join??

I like them too! I know my MIL will eat them, but DH and DS are on the fence. I was planning on finding a recipe where they're cooked with bacon or something for Thanksgiving. Any suggestions? I thought the bacon might help tempt other taste buds in the non-believers....
    -----------------------
    Karen

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Here's my contribution: I was just looking for a recipe for brussel sprouts on epicurious and came across the brussels sprout hash with carmelized shallots (check out the reviews!). I haven't made it yet, but I think I might try it. I also posted a link for a basic recipe.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...hallots-240411
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...Sprouts-358275

Quote Originally Posted by emily View Post
    Ever since the original brussel sprout threads, we've been eating them almost every week (when they are in stock at Costco). We just cut them in half and roast them in the oven with salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil. DH and I love 'em! Still can't get the kids to touch them tho.

I dont know that I have recipe to share Although, I think I did make a brussel sprout recipe with cranberries one Thanksgiving a few years back. Can I join??
    Anyone with that kind of demonstrated dedication to the mighty, mighty Brussels Sprout is certainly eligible to join!
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    Here's my contribution: I was just looking for a recipe for brussel sprouts on epicurious and came across the brussels sprout hash with carmelized shallots (check out the reviews!). I haven't made it yet, but I think I might try it. I also posted a link for a basic recipe.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...hallots-240411
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...Sprouts-358275
    Anytime "caramlized shallots" is in the name of something, I drool a little! EXCELLENT CONTRIBUTION!
    ---------
    A-M

---------

Quote Originally Posted by Nyfeara View Post
    I like them too! I know my MIL will eat them, but DH and DS are on the fence. I was planning on finding a recipe where they're cooked with bacon or something for Thanksgiving. Any suggestions? I thought the bacon might help tempt other taste buds in the non-believers....
    See the link above the original Sprout Society thread - there is a highly recommended bacon recipe there!
    ---------
    A-M

---------

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

'Tis the season for brussels sprouts - yeah!!!! Another roaster here - olive oil, salt, high heat - YUM.

for Sandy Hook

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have always loved Brussels sprouts! I can only get DH and my boys to eat 1-2, but that's fine with me... more for me!!! I like to roast them too, but I like to add sliced onions to the pan, with olive oil, s&p, a sprinkle of garlic powder. The sweetness of the onion really compliments the sprouts. Mmmm. I'm usually eating a whole serving while putting the 1-2 token sprouts on the boys' plates, then still piling up the rest on my plate...

Can I join?

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Do you get points for growing your own? Ours did great in the garden this year, despite being shamefully neglected. We actually kind of forgot about them (everything else was done for by that point), but it worked out since they're such a late harvest. Yummy!
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast