I'm at my witts end. DS used to be the worlds best sleeper. Now that we have him on meds bedtime and going to sleep are an absolute nightmare. He is currently up screaming GA GA at the top of his lungs (for the last 30 minutes). He simply cannot function enough to stop. This is so new to us. We medicated him (ADHD) so he could function in school and in after school activities (everyone has told us how much more focused he is and that he stays on task and does not need nearly as much redirection). Meanwhile, bedtime is HORRIBLE. He normally would be in bed at 8 pm (he gets up at 6:30 to get to the bus). It's now 9:30 and he is WIDE awake (and he thinks it's funny to keep his sister up who is really tired). So, tomorrow I will have 2 very cranky kids b/c neither got the sleep they needed.

I want to start DS on melatonin to help him relax and fall asleep (actually I would prefer to give it to him right after bath to calm him enough so that he can get through teeth brushing and using the toilet without going through a wall or having a massive meltdown.

I feel like I traded 24 hours of out of control behavior for a few hours a day of behavior that makes his out of control behavior look like he was comatose. HELP