Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    7pages is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I think these are the shorts everyone talks about. I just ordered some for myself! They are called FILA SPORTĀ® Endurance Bermuda Shorts.

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/cros...uda+Shorts.jsp
    Mommy of 5!

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm insane. I'm signed up for a 10-mile run on 4/1 (Cherry Blossom in DC) and a 1/2 marathon at the end of April (St Luke's in PA). I still hit a wall around 2-4 miles depending on the day, so I'm really not sure if I'll be able to complete either race. Gotta seriously start training!
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by 7pages View Post
    I think these are the shorts everyone talks about. I just ordered some for myself! They are called FILA SPORTĀ® Endurance Bermuda Shorts.

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/cros...uda+Shorts.jsp
    Yes, sorry (problem with reading on my iphone and responding by computer later on, I forgot to answer this question) those are the famous fila running shorts! I love mine and need to get more of them!
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by LBW View Post
    I'm insane. I'm signed up for a 10-mile run on 4/1 (Cherry Blossom in DC) and a 1/2 marathon at the end of April (St Luke's in PA). I still hit a wall around 2-4 miles depending on the day, so I'm really not sure if I'll be able to complete either race. Gotta seriously start training!
    Wow, well the good thing is that when you sign up, you're committed. Even if you have to walk parts of it, that's ok! Completing it is the main goal!
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

7pages is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Thanks for the inspiration! Thanks to you guys, my husband and I started the Couch to 5K 6 months ago and have continued to run at least 3x a week for 30 minutes. But I've been reading these posts and want to be able to run a little longer so I just bought Bridge to 10K.

I want to thank you BBB! Neither of us had exercised in the last 15 years, since our first was born!! (yikes!)

Mommy of 5!

minnie-zb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for the inspiration! Thanks to you guys, my husband and I started the Couch to 5K 6 months ago and have continued to run at least 3x a week for 30 minutes. But I've been reading these posts and want to be able to run a little longer so I just bought Bridge to 10K.

I want to thank you BBB! Neither of us had exercised in the last 15 years, since our first was born!! (yikes!)

Congratulations! That is truly wonderful.

Went running today (currently on Wk2D2) -- of course this is the second time through the program. Hopefully it sticks this time! Hah!

I'm scheduled to run the George Washington Parkway Classic on 4/22 -- I would love to be able to run the entire thing, but honestly I'm not sure I'm a distance runner (even at 5K).

7pages, that's awesome! I'm most especially impressed that the two of you did this together. I think it is often hard to get both spouses on board at the same time. WTG!

Well, I am having to start over bridge to 10K, since I took a long break from it. I did go running on Sunday (37 degrees, but sunny and no snow!) and did ok. I don't have much experience running outside in cooler weather, so I discovered that I overdressed and also that I need to find something that my iphone (with otterbox) can fit into that doesn't bump around in a pocket, since it was really annoying me to have it in my polar fleece pocket. Otherwise, I plan to work out on the treadmill, but if the weather permits, I'll force myself to run outdoors. I'm trying to do zumba 1x a wk and stroller class 2x a wk as well, so may only do, "real" running 1-2x a wk. Also trying to do primal eating. I had some luck going low carb a few months ago losing some wt, but unfortunately, Thanksgiving onward and then a trip mixed into that was the doom of me. So, I need to start off fresh again!
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

That is awesome!!! Keep up the good work and keep posting (we will try and hold you accountable )

Quote Originally Posted by minnie-zb View Post
    I'm scheduled to run the George Washington Parkway Classic on 4/22 -- I would love to be able to run the entire thing, but honestly I'm not sure I'm a distance runner (even at 5K).
    Good luck minnie! You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    I need to find something that my iphone (with otterbox) can fit into that doesn't bump around in a pocket, !
    Have you tried one of those armbands? Or did you not like an armband holder? I can't remember.

Well, I am changing my strategy on this whole 10K thing. I kept trying to run an hour straight during the week while my 20 month old naps, but her naps are getting shorter and I don't have time to warm up, run, cool down and shower.

SO here is my new workout plan for 2012:

1. I am going to do resistance/strength training using this 2 - 3x per week

http://www.amazon.com/Gaiam-Kettlene...7361398&sr=8-1

I have done it twice now and holy crap.. I am SO SORE. Like everywhere.... even my inner thighs which I could never figure out how to tone... so I will be really curious as to what my results will be. I can do the 20 minute if I'm short on time, instead of the 40 minute.

2. I will use the "interval/fat burn" program on the treadmill once or twice a week (this way I can do only 35 to 40 minutes and still shower before DD wakes)

3. I will do my long run either Sat. or Sun. DH is home and I can take my time running as far/long as I want. I am running 50 minutes... I hope to work up to one hour soon.

minnie-zb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    1. I am going to do resistance/strength training using this 2 - 3x per week

http://www.amazon.com/Gaiam-Kettlene...7361398&sr=8-1

I have done it twice now and holy crap.. I am SO SORE. Like everywhere.... even my inner thighs which I could never figure out how to tone... so I will be really curious as to what my results will be. I can do the 20 minute if I'm short on time, instead of the 40 minute.
    I have that and it is the one I use. I don't do it regularly like I should

When I do use it, it amazes it me how I feel muscles I never knew I had! It's a good sore, but you really do feel it.

I keep thinking I will do it on the days I'm not running, but I don't. Maybe you can keep me encouraged? I really want to hear how it goes for you.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie-zb View Post
    I have that and it is the one I use. I don't do it regularly like I should

When I do use it, it amazes it me how I feel muscles I never knew I had! It's a good sore, but you really do feel it.

I keep thinking I will do it on the days I'm not running, but I don't. Maybe you can keep me encouraged? I really want to hear how it goes for you.
    Oh, glad someone else here has this! How long have you used it? Have you seen any results? Do you do both the 20 minute and the 40 minute workout?

I've only done the 20 minute workout twice, but I found it to be pretty fun. I like her personality. I was going to interval run today, but I'm taking the day off because my legs and thighs are still pretty sore (I assume this was the right decision, right?) Will try and run tomorrow.

I don't know when I'll be able to move up to the 40 minute workout.. maybe a couple of weeks? Right now I am in pain!!

Let's totally motivate each other with the Kettlenetics/running, OK?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast