Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    minnie-zb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think your sister is crazy, but then she probably thinks I'm an underachiever!

Personally I think she should train for a 10K first and then move to the half-marathon, but that is just me. I'm afraid she's going to hurt herself.

How's your tushy?

It's a beautiful day and I'm going to run. We need a smiley who is running at warp speed!

Can we talk shoes for a minute? When do you think we need to replace? Any thoughts?

Ha.. I think I pulled a hamstring from Kettlenetics. I felt better the next day, though. That 40 minute one is a doozy.

Did you run? How did it go?

Quote Originally Posted by minnie-zb View Post
    Can we talk shoes for a minute? When do you think we need to replace? Any thoughts?
    So funny you should ask this, because I was just wondering myself. I am reading the free "Begginer's Running" book that HK linked to... it's really good. I just started reading it but there is so much useful information in it, I am really enjoying it.

I just started reading the part about when to replace shoes. It said you should be able to get 300-400 miles out of a pair (depending on your running terrain, distance and duration.) It says 6 months is a good rule of thumb.

I should look back in the old c25k to find out when I bought mine... I think it was March? Anyway, there is no way I've run that many miles... but I've been using my shoes for running errands when I really should just be saving them for running. I was just in the running store over the weekend and I probably should have picked up a new pair.

If you guys love a particular running shoe, do you stick with the same model or try a new one? My current shoes just got upgraded to a newer model... so not sure if I should find the older ones on discount or try the newest version. Maybe I'll just have the guy at the running store recommend a few for me and I'll see which ones I like.

There is a 7K next month (I've never heard of a 7k..lol) It looks like a cool St. Patrick's Day theme. DH and I are thinking of doing it, but looks like everyone wears green... I might have to pick up something green to wear.

400 Miles!?! I'm good for a little longer! I wouldn't get the same pair again -- I like them and they've been good, but I'd like them to fit a little better in the heels. My problem is my one foot is bigger than the other which is a challenge.

I did run yesterday! I'm feeling really good about it -- it is going so much better than the first time I tried C25K. I can feel it in my legs today.

Now if I could just commit to kettlenetics and it would be fabulous.

You could get a green t-shirt for the 7K.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I think that if you are a pretty regular runner, most ppl replace their shoes at 6 mo. Since I took some time off for the last half of summer, I let mine go a little bit. I think I got my pr in March and then finally replaced them a few wks ago.

Art, I LOVE my asic nimbus 12's. The 13's came out and I tried them, but don't like them. The heel of the shoe comes up higher and rubs my ankle. So, I got another pr of 12's in a different color for a decent discount. I buy mine at Road Runner. I generally tend to buy two prs of the same shoe if I like them (not just workout shoes), b/c I have a difficult time finding shoes for my fussy feet. Oh and this is totally OT, *but* I finally got to try orthaheels and I LOVE them! I got 3 prs of sandals for only $12.99 each. Aren't you the one who loves orthaheels? They are great and I can see myself living in them this summer!
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

HK, YES! I love Orthaheels! They are the only sandals that don't aggravate my PF. I even purchased Orthaheel inserts and put them in my Crocs Mammoth slippers and wear them around the house in the winter. They aren't as supportive as the fli flops IMO, but better than nothing.

I have two pair and wear them as soon as the weather warms up. I them around the house all day long, as well as outside. I am going to buy two more pairs this Spring. You found a really good price!! I've never seen them that low.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6