Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default "Baby Dolls" for 4, 5 and 12 Year Olds

We are sponsoring a family. The three girls all requested "baby dolls," even the 12 year old. I know NOTHING about dolls, especially for the 12 year old. Any ideas?

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

nrp is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think the Fisher Price Little Mommy dolls are a nice option for the price. Here is one for $12 at TRU:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...LAID=119931239

And here is a set from BRUm (their house brand) with triplets, which could be cute:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=11449059
    Mommy to
    DD1 (12/06)
    DS (6/08)
    DD2 (10/11)

This is not going to help you but I know that the ones our church receives from various agencies are not always filled out by the actual families. So some well meaning volunteer writes "dolls" for all the girls and "trucks" for all the boys. My mom's women's groups just received the angels for her church and said she could tell which groups asked the families and which ones were just generic- like the ones for my kids ages - an 8 year old who asked for Bratz dolls and an 8 year old who asked for deodorant and tea. We are getting deodorant and tea but also getting an appropriate toy. Often times the agencies don't know what kids they'll have on Christmas so they just put down some generic ages and genders to have some toys stocked up (like a local women's and kids shelter I've volunteered at) but some actually do have specific families in the community and so they do have specific requests by those families.

As for the gift, I wonder if Barbie dolls would work? Or maybe the AG knock off dolls? Not really "baby" but something a 12 year old might like.