Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    speo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would agree with the Bruder and Mini Kick scooter suggestions - especially the scooter. My second son got it for his 3rd bday. He could do it so well very quickly. And he still loves it at 4. It is awesome and has such a smooth glide. My 6.5 yo son always wants to use it even though he has a Razor.

My son loves his Cars die-cast cars. And I know you said you had dinosaurs, but these http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo...%7CGS673~~.jsp large dinos have gotten a lot of play here.
    DS1 2005 and DS2 2007

Well I am in the same boat then you are!! DS2 will turn 3 on the 24th and then the next day is Christmas! On top of that he has all the toys from his older siblings that he can want so for what is worth here are my recommendations....

I haven't pulled the trigger but I am seriously thinking about a set from Rokenbok because DS2 loves to build things and since I know he is my last one I don't have to worry about small pieces like I did when I was thinking about this for DS1 years back.

http://www.rokenbok.com/

DS2 loves his magnatiles that he got this summer and it is something that he and his brother and sister can play together! I am thinking of getting a 2nd set.

He loves his older brothers rescue heros set and plays a lot with them lately. He also likes his older brothers lego sets and hasn't put any in his mouth and he just likes to put them together doesn't really build anything with them. The last thing that has been getting some playtime here lately has been matchbox cars again from his older brother.

We gave him for a flight this summer an old leapster and an old v-tech we had from the older kids and although he plays with it he is bit young for it but he has gotten better with them. The system that he loves the most to play with when the older ones allow him to is their DS but again it is mostly hitting the screen not really understanding what he is suppose to do just wanting to be like them!

He uses his sister's Kapla set to build things with DH or with her and has lots of fun making whatever they build fall.

My BIL gave DD this set when we lived in France and she loved it! I love it because lots of kids can use it at the same time because there are so many pieces. There are expensive but worth it IMO. There are different sets and books but this is the one DD has

http://www.amazon.com/Kapla-Blocks-1...1931524&sr=8-9

Outside he loves to use the neighbors big wheel bike...not so fond of his Ketter trike. He tries to use his sister scooter but hasn'y been very succesful.

Hope this helps...

mousemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS just turned 3 last week and the biggest hit was a Wahoo inflatable bouncing dog. He's had a great time bouncing and dragging "Wahoo Big Blue Puppy Dog" around the house with him.

http://www.amazon.com/Marky-Sparky-5...1932565&sr=8-1
    DS 11/08
    DS2 3/13

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mousemom View Post
    DS just turned 3 last week and the biggest hit was a Wahoo inflatable bouncing dog. He's had a great time bouncing and dragging "Wahoo Big Blue Puppy Dog" around the house with him.

http://www.amazon.com/Marky-Sparky-5...1932565&sr=8-1
    DS2 got that last Christmas and it's a big hit still. Loves it.
    Kris

ahisma is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think the Mini Kick and Magnatiles are fantastic ideas. My 3 yo DS is enamored with both.

DS2 is 3. We already have so much boy stuff from DS1 that it can be difficult to buy for DS2. He is getting a minikick scooter which I think he will love. He has a hand-me-down balance bike that he loves as well. Everything else I would recommend has been mentioned in this thread....
    Bruder trucks
    Magnatiles
    Mini Kick Scooter
    Balance Bike
    Art Supplies or Art Box

Leapster has been used in our house but not as much as I had thought it would be. We are considering getting the boys ipod touches as DS2 is VERY proficient with my iphone. I know that's alot more money though.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

OH, I totally forgot about this one!!!! DS1 got a ukulele shortly after his 2nd birthday. It was a WOW gift for him that year, and has been THE most played with item in our house. The reason I remembered it just now was that my boys were fighting over it and I realized that DS2 may, in fact, need his very own uke this year! It came from a real music store and was about $35 with a coupon. It is made by Hilo.

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    OH, I totally forgot about this one!!!! DS1 got a ukulele shortly after his 2nd birthday. It was a WOW gift for him that year, and has been THE most played with item in our house. The reason I remembered it just now was that my boys were fighting over it and I realized that DS2 may, in fact, need his very own uke this year! It came from a real music store and was about $35 with a coupon. It is made by Hilo.
    My grandparents gave my son one of those when he was about 3. It doesn't get played with much -- mostly because it is kept up high to prevent breaking.

Where do you store it? How do you decide when they can play with it? Am I being too careful and should let him keep it where he can reach it?
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mrshalco View Post
    Where did you buy Team Umizoomi stuff? DS2 LOVES LOVES LOVES them!!
    From the Nick Jr shop. DS3 loves, loves, loves them too! I made him a Geo costume for Halloween.

http://www.umizoomishop.com/?utm_sou...dium=editorial
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We ended up with a scooter and b-ball hoop for his bday, used from Craigslist. For Christmas, he has started asking for the Roundhouse and turntable and I got a good deal via Barnes and Noble so he is getting that, even though I said no more train stuff. It is something we never got for Ts train collection. I think it will be a huge hit. We are considering a Leapster Explorer for him as well but may hold off till he is 4. I got some for $40ish each so if we don't give one to him now, I will donate it with the others. I think this seems appealing to me since it seems equal to the iTouch T is getting. We will see.

Thanks for all the great ideas. Filing some away for the future.
    Last edited by kijip; 11-28-2011 at 03:00 AM.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast