Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

So, if I sign up and place an order, they'll email me with something I need to accept to receive? Just trying to clarify Thanks!

spanannie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Gift chain won't let me sign up. I definitely have an Amex. I'm on the phone with them and they don't know anything about it. Anyone else have this problem?
    Annie ~
    Mom three Junebugs: 9, 7 and 3

I just signed up with no problems. I can't find my card but signed up my DH. I wish amazon was on the list too.

Stupid question....do you need an Amex card or can you register with an Amex gift card? I buy Amex Gift cards through my kids' school as a fundraiser for the school so I have them on-hand but I don't have an Amex. I'm guessing not, but I was just wondering.

Default Thank you!!!

Thank you SO MUCH, OP, for posting about this! I never saw an email about this promotion and wouldn't have known about it if it weren't for your post. Well, I had a lot of fun tonight making purchases and then hitting send/receive to check for a new email from AmEx. So here's what I bought and what I won:

Pottery Barn – two $30 purchases
    I got a $5 Godiva gift card from one and nothing from the other

Walmart.com—10 purchases, 9 were $25 gift cards sent to my home and one was a $35 gift
    I got the following from those:

1 year Shoprunner membership
    4--$5 Starbucks gift cards
    1--$5 American Express credit to my statement
    4--$50 American Express gift cards (one for myself and three to share with facebook friends) *It was probably coincidental but this was when I made a $35 purchase
    1--$10 Walmart gift card
    4--$10 AmEx gift card (one for myself and three to share on facebook)
    1--$10 Walmart gift card
    1--$2.25 AmEx credit

It was much more fun than Vegas tonight! Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by justlearning View Post
    Thank you SO MUCH, OP, for posting about this! I never saw an email about this promotion and wouldn't have known about it if it weren't for your post. Well, I had a lot of fun tonight making purchases and then hitting send/receive to check for a new email from AmEx. So here's what I bought and what I won:

Pottery Barn – two $30 purchases
    I got a $5 Godiva gift card from one and nothing from the other

Walmart.com—10 purchases, 9 were $25 gift cards sent to my home and one was a $35 gift
    I got the following from those:

1 year Shoprunner membership
    4--$5 Starbucks gift cards
    1--$5 American Express credit to my statement
    4--$50 American Express gift cards (one for myself and three to share with facebook friends) *It was probably coincidental but this was when I made a $35 purchase
    1--$10 Walmart gift card
    4--$10 AmEx gift card (one for myself and three to share on facebook)
    1--$10 Walmart gift card
    1--$2.25 AmEx credit

It was much more fun than Vegas tonight! Thanks again!
    Wow! What have you been buying?
    SAHM to DS 4/07 and DD 5/10

Like I said, they were almost all $25 gift cards to use at Walmart. We shop there often so they'll be used easily towards groceries and household supplies. The $35 Walmart purchase was for a scooter and baking pan. The Pottery Barn purchases were for water bottles (on sale for $6 plus free shipping), which I'm going to use for teacher appreciation week.

Quote Originally Posted by justlearning View Post
    Like I said, they were almost all $25 gift cards to use at Walmart. We shop there often so they'll be used easily towards groceries and household supplies. The $35 Walmart purchase was for a scooter and baking pan. The Pottery Barn purchases were for water bottles (on sale for $6 plus free shipping), which I'm going to use for teacher appreciation week.
    Oh, that is so clever!
    SAHM to DS 4/07 and DD 5/10

lilhilly is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by corrie23 View Post
    Stupid question....do you need an Amex card or can you register with an Amex gift card? I buy Amex Gift cards through my kids' school as a fundraiser for the school so I have them on-hand but I don't have an Amex. I'm guessing not, but I was just wondering.
    No, AmEx gift cards won't work. There are some other exclusions in the official rules.

How soon after your purchase did you receive your gifts?

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast