Default Last Minute Disneyland Trip...Advice/Ideas Needed!!

We're in CA visiting family and decided at the last minute to take my 2yo to Disneyland on Wednesday. When we went to Disney World last year we did a lot of planning and had a really good time. This time around I don't have time to do all the research to refresh my memory, so...help!

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated, especially what rides are 2yo friendly and in what order we should visit them.

Thanks so much!!

How fun! So I totally went overboard planning our Sept. trip to DLR and reading hundreds of threads on DISboards and other Disney websites, but since this is a last minute trip, here's some quick tips.

1) a recent DISboard thread on rides for 2 year olds

2) even though you're only going for 1 day, I would still plan to take a break mid-day for your DC to nap, unless s/he can nap well in a stroller. We went for 2.5 days and my DDs went back to nap/rest every afternoon. It's also busiest in the middle of the day (10-4?) because so many locals are annual pass holders. If you plan to nap, then maybe you can start the day at rope drop (being in line at security 20-30 minutes before the official park opening).

3) if you're up for reading this, I wrote my pre-trip planning report and post-trip report here. It includes my packing list of what to bring into the park.

Have fun!
    Last edited by smiles33; 11-29-2011 at 02:00 AM.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

For the amount DL costs, I wouldn't leave midday. Stroller and plow forward. We did DL in a day and we got there at the start (bought our tickets ahead of time so we didn't have to wait in line). We got to the rides we most wanted that didn't have Fast Pass or we really wanted to do, then moved on towards the back of the park. It was nice to just relax and hit what we wanted to with no real plan. Even better that we got all the top places done so we weren't disappointed.

Beth

Thanks for all your suggestions! They were very helpful! We had a great time there today!

I'll be using your threads to plan our June trip. Just booked the Kids suite at the Hojo. Retro rate is $129 this year.
    ~C~

Mama to a curious daughter born in May 2006 and a persistent son born in July 2008.

Awesome! Apparently HoJo recently upgraded all the windows on the freeway-facing side of the hotel (per the DISBoards) so it should be even quieter than when I stayed there in September. Have fun!