Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Mamas due in May: have you done any prep. or bought anything?

I know there are a lot of us due in May, so I thought I would ask this question:

I can't decide if I am sane and timing things normally in that I haven't done a single thing to prepare for this next baby (no shopping, no opening tote boxes in storage to see what we still have, nada). I have put everything "baby" on a far back burner, and don't really think about it right now, other than that my clothes getting tighter is a constant reminder

Or am I a little behind? Has anyone else due in May done anything so far?

I'm waiting until January when the Holidays are over and I can focus on just enjoying baby-prep and shopping, and not mixing it all in with the Christmas craziness. And I'll know the gender then too. But I hope I don't regret waiting and then feel like I'm rushing around later either.

Fwiw, I always have to be on bed rest from 32-36 weeks because I start dilating early. So the month of April is going to be non-existent for me. Than I'll be let off bed-rest the 1st of May (if everything goes the same as before).
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ummm... I'm due in February and haven't done much of this either. DH and I are both home the week between Christmas and New Years, so I figure we'll sort through our stuff then.

The only thing I've really done is we've had a ceiling fan put into DS2's room and I've picked out paint colors. A good friend is going to paint his room for us sometime this month, and I guess we'll put the crib together after that. But really, very little has been accomplished so far. I'm just not stressing about it. I know where the baby clothes are and he'll be sleeping in our room in the beginning anyway. The only thing that worries me is that I can't remember how to install the infant carseat and I have no idea where my manual is.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We got rid of almost everything so I have bought quite a few things here and there on sale. Certainly more than I had at this point during the first pregnancy. But there have just been really good sales....I'm also concerned about early labor so I definitely don't count April as a "work" month as far as getting ready for baby.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Umm...not really. I keep thinking I should, but then I say "oh I'm only 18 weeks, I've got plenty of time." in reality I need to go downstairs and go through bins. We have our ultrasound next week and DH is revealing the sex on Christmas day to me, so maybe then I'll get in gear. We "think" it's a boy based on a. 13 wk ultrasound, but be ause it was so early we aren't chancing it. Once I know if it is, I can decide if I need to go through DS's clothes. I did buy a Beco on BF and a mattress pad and changing pad covers when they were on deep discount, but that's it.

Oh good, I don't feel bad then
    I still have nearly everything...I think. I'm sure there are things I still need, but not alot. But it's all in storage and will take time to dig out, organize, wash, etc.
    But I guess I should just relax and not stress. Hard for my Type-A self not to do!

And MSWR0319~ I think what you have planned for the gender reveal is so neat! How fun and exciting!
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

I'm due in April and we have not done a thing. DH actually just reminded me that we need to order the bedroom furniture soon if we want it to come before the baby gets here (with DD1, we ordered in November and it came in March!). But no, I haven't done a thing and probably won't start doing much of anything until February.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Quote Originally Posted by mommylamb View Post
    The only thing that worries me is that I can't remember how to install the infant carseat and I have no idea where my manual is.
    You should be able to call the manufacturer and give your model number and they will e-mail you a PDF. We had to do that with our BLVD and Britax was great.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post

And MSWR0319~ I think what you have planned for the gender reveal is so neat! How fun and exciting!
    Thanks! I really didn't want to find out, as we didn't with DS. I made the promise to DH that we could find out with #2, but I wasn't really sure I wanted to know. I had to go to the ER at 13 weeks and they did an ultrasound and the tech opened his mouth before I could stop him, but just said it was a guess. Now I feel like I might as well find out, but I still wanted some type of surprise factor. So I told DH he has to wrap a present for me with the gender inside so I'll at least get some type of surprise!

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Add me to the list of those who haven't done a thing! We find out the sex Dec 23, so I think after the holidays I'll get started. Thankfully, we plan to reuse everything we can from DS. We bought neutral "stuff" (stroller, car seat, swing, etc) the first time around, so we won't need much. Mostly nursery furniture/decor. And clothes if it's a girl, although I plan to use as much of DS's clothes as I think I can get away with.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Thanks! I really didn't want to find out, as we didn't with DS. I made the promise to DH that we could find out with #2, but I wasn't really sure I wanted to know. I had to go to the ER at 13 weeks and they did an ultrasound and the tech opened his mouth before I could stop him, but just said it was a guess. Now I feel like I might as well find out, but I still wanted some type of surprise factor. So I told DH he has to wrap a present for me with the gender inside so I'll at least get some type of surprise!
    OOOHHHhhh we are getting our ultasound the 19th....I am really tempted to do this too! Hmmmm I will think about it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast