Just wanted to add, I think the lancing device makes a real difference. The Delica (someone else mentioned that one) is most gentle, IMO. The Accucheck Multiclix is not too bad either. Some of the other HURT!

Try testing on the sides of your finger pads in stead of tips, and rotate around.

As for keeping you BG down, when I had GDM with DD, exercise (even 20 minutes walking) made an enormous difference, and eating whole grains (even if the carb count was the same as the refined grains) helped a lot. Protein with each small meal too.

I think you mentioned that you are working....I found it easiest to pack a lunch box with all my pre-counted stuff for the day- lunch and 2 snacks. I carried everywhere I went at work and had my snack at snack time, regardless of what I was doing.

I had to test early for GDM because of my history. I was normal at 13 weeks, but will be tested again later. I am hoping that if I can exercise more consistently this time, my next 3 hr test will be normal, but I know it may not be.

Good luck!!