Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The Native Americans in PP (Princess Tiger Lily and her tribe) are portrayed in a pretty awful way.

All kids are different with these movies. My kids find the scene in Cars with the tractor to be really, really scary.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If your DD likes Mary Poppins, you should consider The Music Man (the original with Robert Preston, not the remake with Matthew Broderick). It's not a Disney movie, and some of it will go right over your DD's head, but the music is great, there's nothing scary, and it ends with a big marching band. My DC's love both Mary Poppins and The Music Man.

There have been some good, insightful comments already. I saw only one mention of the new Winnie the Pooh, which my DC both liked. It's very gentle, nothing scary (though the characters are scared of a monster in it, the monster is not real). Be careful about the short that comes with it though--Nessie, or something. It is sad, and some posters commented that their DC cried (when the movie first came out).
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think I have some older threads on a similar topic, as my dds are huge fraidy cats. They will be 6 next week.

Most Winnie the Poohs are okay, but one (The Tigger movie...?) was scary.

Mary Poppins was okay - a couple of iffy scenes, but they also found it a little long in parts.

Ponyo terrified them a couple years ago (haven't tried it again). We also did okay with My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki's Delivery service, even though they seem they'd be scary. We haven't watched recently.

Cars - too scary (big wreck at beginning). Cinderella - too scary (mean cat at beginning). Nemo - too scary (shark? I can't remember). Curious George - too scary (I think he was dodging traffic early on?). We did make it through Horton hears a who, but they never wanted to watch it again. (and they were really tired when we watched it). Tangled - scary, but they made it through. They didn't like it though. But they love Rapunzel.

They did watch Rio at school and said it was okay. I haven't seen it.

We really can't watch many movies, lol. I'll update if I can find some old threads.

eta: Ack - I forgot Tink! The first and third movies are good for us, the second was too scary.
    Last edited by fivi2; 12-09-2011 at 07:24 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4