Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

For our cosleeping family, worth every penny, and an absolute must have!

I actually have bought 2 over the years on Craigslist for cheap ($50), nearly new.

Its the perfect height to reach over, scoot baby into your bed to nurse, then scoot them back into the cosleeper, all without getting up. Awesome!

It's also very safe and sturdy. We have kept baby in there until maybe 9 months? I wouldn't leave them alone in there for naps, when they can crawl out on their own, but at bedtime when you're right there next to them, it's fine.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I loved mine and regretted not having had it for DS1 and DS2. A friend lent me their mini-arms reach co-sleeper for DS3. I LOVED it. It is totally different than using a PNP or bassinet (both which my older two hated). I think that they are worth it. Unfortunately, DS3 was a very long baby, so he had to move to a crib by 4 mo, since he was getting to be too long for the co-sleeper, but it was a good time to transition him to a crib (I think it's easier to transition kids from co-sleeping to a crib prior to 5 mo, this is just my personal opinion), and he did beautifully.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm in the nay camp. We had one with DD2 and hated it - because she did. She would sleep well in the full crib, or in our bed, but would wake up screaming in the co-sleeper. I think the surface was not supportive enough, and it sagged a little (it was a friend's, so a brand new one might be better).
    Last edited by citymama; 12-10-2011 at 04:21 PM.

for Sandy Hook

Quote Originally Posted by babyonway View Post
    We used the Arm's reach until DD was about 3 months old and LOVED LOVED LOVED it.

Still use it as a pack n play as needed, and it is definitely more of a hassle than a regular pack n play- but the convenience of the first 3 months was so worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by babyonway View Post
    We used the Arm's reach until DD was about 3 months old and LOVED LOVED LOVED it.

The proximity was WAY easier on me - nursing at night. And DD slept much better near me too.
    Mom to Mr. Sunshine 9/08
    and Miss Happiness 3/11

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Another yes vote...we used one for almost 6 months, until I transitioned DS3 to his crib.
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Does anyone else worry about the "bumper" padded part on the side that attaches to the bed? My baby's nose was very close to it this morning and it terrifies me. She rolls towards me so I can't keep her away from it.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

teo is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

FWIW, Arm's Reach does say to stop using the co-sleeper when the baby can roll consistently, though I know lots of people who use it well past that point. But that could be partly why they say so. (If your baby can roll both ways she'll probably be fine, but if you're worried it might be time for the next transition.)

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by teo View Post
    FWIW, Arm's Reach does say to stop using the co-sleeper when the baby can roll consistently, though I know lots of people who use it well past that point. But that could be partly why they say so. (If your baby can roll both ways she'll probably be fine, but if you're worried it might be time for the next transition.)
    She is only 3 weeks though! I put some books under the legs by the bed to create a little bit of an incline to make it harder for her to roll towards me and that seemed to help, but I still worry. I put her as far away as possible by the mesh on the far side yet every time she wakes up she is so close to the padding by me.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

Quote Originally Posted by flashy09 View Post
    She is only 3 weeks though! I put some books under the legs by the bed to create a little bit of an incline to make it harder for her to roll towards me and that seemed to help, but I still worry. I put her as far away as possible by the mesh on the far side yet every time she wakes up she is so close to the padding by me.
    Do you swaddle your baby? Halo makes some great sleepsacks with swaddles. I don't think your baby will be able to roll if swaddled. I love using my full size co-sleeper!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast