♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default $%*# fax machine!

Right now I feel like those guys in Office Space, in that scene when they take a printer/fax machine out to a deserted yard and they all take turns beating at it. I get their frustation..

I woke up this morning with nasty headache. I got up before the kids did so I could have time to shower and eat breakfast, and plus I had to fax over a 30 page document today (we are in the process of refinancing our house). I thought it would only take 10 minutes to do.

I just spent half an hour attempting to fax the document it's a printer/fax/scanner combo thing). The stupid auto feed tray doesn't work, even with only 8 pages..it keeps grabbing multiple pages, and/or jams. And of course every time that happens I have to sit down and get all the pages back in order and try again. DH is out of town giving a talk at a conference so I can't even reach him to ask him anything (he claims he's used it before and it works, but i've tried and it doesn't work.

It sucks because I have to fax the documents today. My head is throbbing, the kids are going to wake up any minute now, and I do not have the time/energy to manually scan 30 pages one by one, get them in order, AND combine them into one document. ARGH!!! I hate how crap like this always falls on me when DH is out of town. As if the regular day-to-day stuff wasn't enough!!!
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 12-08-2011 at 10:36 AM.

Staraglimmer is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Take some Motrin, then head to kinko's and have them fax it for you. I hope your day gets better.

-Stephanie
    Mommy to Hailey Michelle 4/08
    & a new addition due 6/12
    Stephanie

Mommy to two little girls,
    April 2008
    June 2012

and a baby boy
    Oct 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Staraglimmer View Post
    Take some Motrin, then head to kinko's and have them fax it for you. I hope your day gets better.
    I will save you a trip, unless you want to spend a fortune. Fed Ex Office (formerly Kinkos) charges an arm and a leg for faxes. It was $2.49 for the first page and $1.49 for additional pages when I checked last month. Dh decided we no longer needed a home phone line BEFORE I stopped needing to fax things for work!
    Daniele
    mama to
    dd1 watching over her brothers and sister from Heaven
    ds1 13 years old
    dd2 10 years old
    ds2 6 years old
    Placenta Increta/c-hyst survivor

Staraglimmer is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by daniele_ut View Post
    I will save you a trip, unless you want to spend a fortune. Fed Ex Office (formerly Kinkos) charges an arm and a leg for faxes. It was $2.49 for the first page and $1.49 for additional pages when I checked last month. Dh decided we no longer needed a home phone line BEFORE I stopped needing to fax things for work!
    Ugh. Sorry for the bad advice, it used to be much cheaper than that. I've had luck with office max/depot. Hopefully you have already faxed it!

-Stephanie
    Mommy to Hailey Michelle 4/08
    & a new addition due 6/12
    Stephanie

Mommy to two little girls,
    April 2008
    June 2012

and a baby boy
    Oct 2018

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanks everyone

yeah i found a Fedex office near me (it was close to target where i needed to do errands anyway) and I called beforehand. It was a local fax so wasn't too bad, but still...$1.49 for first page and $1.09 each additional page..it would have been $33 just to fax it!! So i decided to just have them scan it and put it in a PDF and just email it...it was 49cents a page and the lady did it all for me..it literally took her about 10 seconds to do it all. So, i spent $15, not too horrible..i later ended up saving $15 at Target with the $10 GC and some coupons so it worked out!