Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Wall Hanging Strollers

I posted my stroller storage system in a different thread, but someone mentioned that I should post about it in it's own thread. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I bought one section of Versatrack from Sears, (Craftsman brand in the hardware section), two Hooktite long general purpose hooks, and one shelf. My husband screwed the Versatrack into two studs on the wall with long screws (2") and we slid the hooks and shelf on. Super fast easy project - $25. I also hooked carabiners from the shelf and I hang my carriers from them. I intend to keep my diaper bags on the shelf, but I currently have the seat for my Queen B stroller up there because it sticks off the wall a ways when it's on the chassis. On Sears' website, it says that the one track holds 75 lbs. You would definitely want to screw into studs for maximum strength. The track comes in four foot lengths, but you can cut it to length. I keep my Queen B and Bob hung, Bee + lives in the car trunk, and my MBUD lives in our garage, (I don't use it much).

Here are links to the componants:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...1&blockType=G1

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...6&blockType=G6

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...2&blockType=G2

That is sweet. None of my garage walls would be suitable for this but I would love to get my bike trailer up and out of the way somehow.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

Super cool set up! Thanks for the details.

Catherine

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

awesome....but how do you get that door to open?

I should have mentioned the door... The wall is in my bedroom "foyer" - we have french doors and we only use the one side because the opening is so large. If I ever need to open both doors for some reason, we just lift Bob down.

liamsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I love the setup, meggswife! These shelfs seem uber-practical for other stuff too. I am curious how you hung the BOB. Is it hanging on its frame?

Yes, the hooks stick out a ways, (we bought the long ones), so Bob is hanging from his frame. My husband wanted to hang it from the red pull cord, but I was concerned about the sustained pull from the weight of the stroller over time.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

awesome set up! i would not hang buy pull cord..mine says in big letters not even to pick the stroller up by the pull cord, bc its not meant to hold the full stroller weight, only as a release for folding.

liamsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by meggswife View Post
    Yes, the hooks stick out a ways, (we bought the long ones), so Bob is hanging from his frame. My husband wanted to hang it from the red pull cord, but I was concerned about the sustained pull from the weight of the stroller over time.
    Yeah, I initially thought that it was hanging by the red pull cord and I was concerned. But that wouldn't have lasted too long. I'm showing your pics off to DH to see if he'd like to do something like this.

Jenn850 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Just wanted to say that is beautiful. Ours are hanging in the garage, but not with as much style!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast