Exclamation Romina Furniture Review - READ IF YOU'RE CONSIDERING PURCHASING

BOTTOM LINE: This is expensive furniture. You're looking at it because it's supposed to be well made, baby safe, ecofriendly and one of the best products out there. BUYER BEWARE! We have found that the quality is not that good (our dresser drawers are squeaking like you wouldn't believe - we've only had the furniture for 15-1/2 months). The back of the crib has a gaping hole because dowels were not put in and glue was not applied so that the crib was held together. I have to be honest, friends of ours bought ecofriendly furniture and paid half what we did and their furniture is in beautiful shape. Our furniture is a GIGANTIC disappointment. Romina was a HUMONGOUS disappointment. Their customer service is completely NON-EXISTENT. The person you have to deal with it difficult and unwilling to help in any way, shape or form.

If we cause the problem, we'll do what we have to to fix it. If you cause the problem, stand behind your overly expensive product and fix it. Read on if you want the blow-by-blow details. The truth is: I wish we had bought a different brand of furniture and baby #2 will benefit from what we have learned this time around. BUYER BEWARE if you buy from Romina.

We ordered a crib in March 2010 and received it in July 2010. In July 2011, our daughter woke up from a nap and stood up in her crib. We have the IMPERIO (the one that is not convertible). She pushed on the large piece of wood on the back (she weighed less than 20 pounds) and the wood came dislodged and she hurt her hand. I know this because I was watching her on the video monitor and ran to her when I heard her screams from being hurt.

The Romina crib was not put together correctly. It had no dowels or glue on the large piece of wood making it easy for a 20 pound baby to push on it and dislodge it. The truth is, we're very lucky that she did not fall through the crib since there was a gaping hole that had she not been so good on her feet she would have fallen through and the results would have been much worst.

This is where our nightmare began. First, the local dealer that we bought from was out of business (we did not know this when we purchased). This now makes everything completely our problem. I contacted Romina directly and after several days was told I needed to provide pictures. I provided pictures immediately. I was then told I needed to talk to "Vito." Vito is impossible to get a hold of. He never returns calls and is completely unpleasant when you talk to him. Finally, a new headboard was ordered (mind you we had to find a way to fix our crib until the replacement came in). We were told a replacement would be here by the end of August. It did not come in until the beginning of December.

The saga continues, we are now told we must pick up the headboard and put it together (we already paid for this). Romina via Vito will not respond to us. The dresser is out of warranty. Quality did not seem to happen for the set of furniture we purchased. It certainly was not worth what we paid for it.

Default Re: Romina review

Dear valued customer,

On behalf of Romina Furniture, I sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our products and customer service. While manufacturing defects are not a frequent occurrence with our products, it is our responsibility to provide customers the prompt and effective service they need and deserve but unfortunately, we have failed to do so in your case for which I once again apologize. We have thoroughly investigated this service request, identified the problems and taken preventive measures to make sure that future replacement parts will be made available in expedite fashion even in the event that a local retailer is unable to assist customers or is no longer in business like it happened in your case. It is my understanding that the replacement part was already delivered and installed but if further assistance is needed do not hesitate to contact us at your convenience.

Vio Lazarescu - Romina Furniture

Default Romina - Excellent buy

I suppose when you produce 10,000 cribs, it stands to reason that you might once in a while have a bad piece. Maybe the above poster was just such a case, I don't know.

I do know we own just about every piece Romina makes and it totally rocks! I've never seen such well made furniture. It amazes me how well it's put together and how well it's made.

I would recommend this furniture to anyone and we plan on only buying this furniture for all of our children.

Thumbs up A+

We purchased Romina for our son from a local store here in Tukwila about 3 years ago. We got the Karisma set in natural, crib, dresser and night table and we couldn't be happier. I'm not good with the technical details, my husband is better at this but the furniture is outstanding in every single way and the drawers which self-close with a soft push are awesome. Recently when converting the crib to bed we discovered that we received the conversion kit in a different color. With the store closed, we had to call Romina directly and they not only replaced the kit for free, they had it delivered in less than 1 week and for that I give them the thumbs-up. That's an A class company I wanted to give a shout out to them