171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

78 45.61%
  • No

34 19.88%
  • Sometimes

59 34.50%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

I agree with this. I love seeing my friend's kids in our hmd's...it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

And I love the fact that sometimes Leah is the 3rd or 4th kid to wear an outfit. Sometimes I show her pictures..."Look! This was Kate wearing the dress she gave you"!

Other than the HA leggings from Costco and the new fleece jacket I bought for DD2 on sale, I have never bought HA retail...everything DD has that is HA is from Ebay! I totally believe in saving money and extending the life of perfectly acceptable garments as a form of recycling.

DD has several cute things I have picked up from kids consignment stores.

I rarely do yard sales but I did hit the mother load one time with a neighbor selling AWESOME stuff for 25 and 50 cents a peice.

My tip for yard sales and consignment is to wear polarized sunglasses. It will better help you see hidden stains that appear clean to the naked eye.
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

99.9% of the time. Most of thier stuff comes from consignment, goodwill, or my local moms network swap.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

Quote Originally Posted by kijip View Post
    Oh, all the time. Two of the three closest places to buy clothing to me are thrift stores. I hit up the preschool fundraiser sales too. With the exception of some Hanna, REI and Land's End sales plus the threadless shirts they just got as gifts, all their clothes are used.

I like recycling and I hate overspending. Thrift stores are a big solution. Personally, I find the idea that used is wrong unless you are poor to be really out of sync with my values.
    You do live in the BEST area in the country for thrift stores, though! I have shopped thrift and consignment from Seattle to San Diego to Chicago (not bad there either) to Boston to Baltimore to North Carolina and can attest that the Seattle area has THE BEST thrift stores!
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

czekit7 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default 2 boys at 2yrs or younger

I have a "just turned 2yr old" and a 5.5mo old. We could probably afford some new stuff, but with the economy so questionable (still) and the price of gas (since we drive 100+ miles a day to our jobs), I'd rather use the money for food, bills, etc. My younger boy is wearing his older brother's stuff; the older brother's stuff was 75% consigned/used/handmedowned, and the other 25% was "new" but at deep discounts (Gap, Gymboree, TCP). If I bought from consignment or eBay/CL, I still made sure to stay with reputable brands (LE, TCP, Gymboree, Gap, ON, Hanna, etc--thanks to the help of Baby Bargains book). Shopping in better neighborhood's consignment stores, at JBF, and in better areas with CL, I saved a ton. I washed it caringly, and now have it for the younger boy (who is growing through these clothes even faster than his brother).

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7