Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ECMom View Post
    The Black and Dark Olive ones are now $76.80.
    Never mind!
    Last edited by scout123; 01-09-2012 at 05:05 PM.

I am now dithering between the black and dark olive. Just think, a week ago I didn't even know that I wanted these!

I thought these were ugly when I saw them on amazon. But I saw someone wearing them today and they actually looked really good. Hm....

Anyone know what the difference between the Sorel "Tofino" and the Sorel "Joan of Arctic"? They both look the same to me ... then again I'm pretty sleep deprived right now thanks to my little one teething all night, all day, all night, all day...

Quote Originally Posted by Choccie View Post
    Anyone know what the difference between the Sorel "Tofino" and the Sorel "Joan of Arctic"? They both look the same to me ... then again I'm pretty sleep deprived right now thanks to my little one teething all night, all day, all night, all day...
    They do look similar. Looks like Joan of Arctic has more colors. Maybe also warmer? It says "Keeps feet warm in temperatures down to 25 degrees below zero," while there is such statement for the Tofinos. Dunno.

ETA: And Joan of Arctic isn't on sale.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Choccie View Post
    The Tofino was derived from the Joans.

http://www.sorel.com/Women%27s-Tofin...efault,pd.html

The Tofinos are lighter, a bit more narrow, have quilted fabric and less fur on top. They are supposed to be a bit more "fashion-forward". The Joans are the more heavy duty boots.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Thanks!

Went up half a size based on all your recommendations and picked up a pair of the black in a 6.5! Now I am excited to get them!

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I bought them too. Got them in black.

My old snow boots-- I'm not sure if I should be ashamed of this or proud-- I've had for more than half my life! I bought them when I was either 16 or 17 (I remember because I was still in High School at the time!). It's about time for an upgrade. Hope these last as long.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mommylamb View Post
    I bought them too. Got them in black.

My old snow boots-- I'm not sure if I should be ashamed of this or proud-- I've had for more than half my life! I bought them when I was either 16 or 17 (I remember because I was still in High School at the time!). It's about time for an upgrade. Hope these last as long.
    I still have a pair of "moon boots" I had when I was a little kid. My feet obviously haven't grown much. I'm going to snag the Sorelw in black. I passed last time but don't have the willpower to say no this time.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast