Default Toddler with Chickenpox and newborn

We are expecting our 2nd child in the next 3-4 days. Our DS1(29 months) goes to daycare.
    His school is closed from Dec 22nd to Jan 4th.
    This morning when I was changing him I saw 2 red spots on his arm. I did not think anything about it at that time.

A few hours later I get an email from his daycare that one of the kids in his room has Chickenpox. The kid who has chickenpox was vaccinated for it but he still got a mild case of Chickenpox.
    I checked our son's medical records and confirmed that he was vaccinated against it when he was 15 months old.
    Both I and my spouse had chicken pox when we were kids so we have immunity.

DS1 has been a magnet for every disease that he encounters at his day.
    I am 95% sure that he will have Chickenpox.

Now we are trying to figure out how we will manage with a new born and a Toddler with Chickenpox. It is going to be challenge to keep in away from the new baby.

Let us know if you have any suggestions for us.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Don't go into labor until next week?

Chicken pox starts being contagious before the rash and goes until all the spots are crusted over. When my kids had it, that took about 5 days from the first spot. So, if you don't have the baby until Wednesday or later, you might be totally fine. If you have the baby sooner, I'd maximize the hospital stay to get past the contagious period. I'd probably even see if it could be extended for that reason.

Hopefully, he'll have a mild case and will only be contagious for a few days.
    Kris