sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Hoop de doo revue versus luau at polynesian or other?

We usually don't go back to the parks in the evening or use the nighttime magic hours - - our kids are just too little to manage the excitement of two forays into the park. Last year we did find kind of lull of what to do in the evening. Any evening character dining recs at other disney hotels? We are staying at the poly so I think we can get to many other hotels pretty easily.

Any opinions on hoop de doo revue? Or poly luau? Or other suggestions for evening activities that are fun?
    ds 2007
    dd 2010
    baby dd 2014

hillview is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

LOVE hoop de doo. The luau gets poor reviews on disboards.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Loved Hoop de Doo, didn't do the luau. DDs were 2 years 4 months when we went, they loved it too. And the food wasn't bad. (keeping in mind it is Disney).
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

We did the luau in February. The food was good, the show was lame. I wish we'd done something else because it just wasn't worth it for the price.
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

we did the hoop de doo review in November. There were 4 kids aged 5-8 in our party and they are still cracking each other with re-enactments of some of the jokes from that show. It was our favorite dinner show on our vacation.