Default Travel bag for BJCMD?

Hi - looking for suggestions for a travel bag for our BJCMD. I bought the red Childress one for doubles and unless I'm doing something wrong it does not fit! I am reluctant to gate check the stroller without some protection since it's basically new and it's the first time we've flown with it. But I didn't really want to spend $60 on the Baby Jogger one. We leave Wednesday so need quick suggestions!! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by #2ontheway View Post
    Hi - looking for suggestions for a travel bag for our BJCMD. I bought the red Childress one for doubles and unless I'm doing something wrong it does not fit! I am reluctant to gate check the stroller without some protection since it's basically new and it's the first time we've flown with it. But I didn't really want to spend $60 on the Baby Jogger one. We leave Wednesday so need quick suggestions!! Thanks!
    I have the BJCM bag for the single and have been really happy with it. Yes, it is expensive, but it does a good job of protecting the stroller and you can sell it later on CL and probably recoup at least half your investment.
    I believe the red gate check bag for double strollers would work as well. It tends to shred, but it will keep the stroller clean.
    I know a lot of people just check their strollers naked, but I don't like the idea of that - I have always used bags and never had damage. the only time I had an issue was when I used a red gate check bag and the canopy clamp of my triumph snapped off...

Well, I sucked it up and bought it. I'm sure a time will come when I'll check it without a bag but it's just too nice and new right now. Spouse barely grumbled, too.