09Mom is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default FP Loving Family or M&D (or other) Wooden Dollhouse

DD will be 3 in Jan. Trying to decide ebtween the FP Loving Family Grand Dollhouse and and of the M&D/Kidcraft/etc. wooden dollhouses. Please recommend!

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

FP Loving Family. We are a wood-toy loving family, but I think the FP Loving Family is perfect for kids that age. The people are easier to work with, etc. than the M&D people I think. A lot of the Kidcraft ones are Barbie-sized so we have held off on that for now.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We had the FP one briefly, and DD loved it, but keep in mind it will not grow with your DD. Perfect for a certain age. Which is fine. I have friends who are giving their 6 year old a Kidkraft barbie-size dollhouse this year.

The other thing is that - I have an older version of the FP and I found the quality was not fantastic. I was glad I paid $10 for it at a consignment sale.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

DD's about to turn 8 (in Feb), and she's still happily playing with her FP house. I was surprised she's been happy with it this long--she got it when she was 3 or 4 years old!
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

I have a 6.5 year old that is still happily playing with her loving family dollhouse! I buy new sets from time to time that always makes the toy fresh. Dd2 is getting the moblie home and the camping cabin for christmas and I know both girls will love them.

My second dd started playing with the loving family at two and she is really getting into them now at three. I think its the perfect age.