Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Weaned - sweet & sour feeling

So yesterday was the last day of me BF-ing 13-month old DD. It was funny that I couldn't wait to get it over with when we just got started and I told hubby that I swear to God I didn't think I could handle exclusively BFing for more than 6 months and now I'm somehow feeling sad. I think it was actually somehow a blessing that DD didn't want to take any bottles and only wanted to nurse directly from me. I don't think I could've survived BFing for 13 months if I were to pump.

Tonight as I put her down to sleep and walked out without nursing her, I almost wanted to cry because I really miss our nursing session. She didn't seem to miss it though (which is good I guess). I didn't expect to feel like this, such a bittersweet feeling. It's hard to just walk out and I'm so tempted to walk back in and nurse her

It is also good to have my boobs back though

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Congrats on nursing for 13 months!
    It is a bittersweet feeling, but I hope you feel great about all the good breastmilk you've given your little one, and also, having your body (and independence) back again!

for Sandy Hook

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Congrats on nursing for 13 months!
    It is a bittersweet feeling, but I hope you feel great about all the good breastmilk you've given your little one, and also, having your body (and independence) back again!
    Thank you I just told hubby that I was happy to be able to deliver all the good stuff to her.

And..yes, I'm not complaining not having to wear nursing bra anymore and they are all mine..mine..and mine for now! lol!

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I know the feeling... It's been about a week since we stopped. I was ready to be done but I miss it too. My DD is much more cuddly since we stopped though .
    Congrats on a job well done!
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

first, congrats on nursing 13 months!!!

second, . i am in the process of weaning DD2 and i'm pretty emotional about it. i'm ready but it's bittersweet!

calv is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

CONGRATULATIONS! It's very bittersweet. I felt the exact same w/each child. but always nice to have my body back

xoxo ~ GREAT JOB!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nfowife View Post
    I know the feeling... It's been about a week since we stopped. I was ready to be done but I miss it too. My DD is much more cuddly since we stopped though .
    Congrats on a job well done!
    Congrats to you too. Hey..I agree on the cuddly part. I was wondering too with her wanting to cuddle with me all the time this week lol! (not that I mine, I love it)

Quote Originally Posted by theriviera View Post
    first, congrats on nursing 13 months!!!

second, . i am in the process of weaning DD2 and i'm pretty emotional about it. i'm ready but it's bittersweet!
    Every time she cuddles with me, it just gets me all emotional and misses it. Just knowing that we have given our child the best kinda helps in the process. Congrats to you too

Quote Originally Posted by calv View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS! It's very bittersweet. I felt the exact same w/each child. but always nice to have my body back

xoxo ~ GREAT JOB!!!

Totally understand... it is a loss. You did an awesome job!!! Now have fun celebrating your reclaimed boobs!
    big sister (11/09)
    little brother (1/14)

"I guess that's the real circle of life. Your parents faked their way through it, you fake your way through it, and hopefully you don't raise a serial killer." --Phil Dunphy, Modern Family

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast