Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Default Hits and Misses 2011 for 0-2 year olds

Time for the annual review threads! Post your hits and misses here for the 0-2 crowd.
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Major hit for almost 18 month old DS--Chicco doll stroller and step 2 grocery cart.
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Huge hits with 19 month old DD2: Duplos (number ones with dog and farmer; she loves the dog!), pipsqueaks and coloring pad, playdough, little people cars, her many books, and of course, her toothbrush! She really likes her Keen sandals too. No misses, really, except for the Etsy clippies I ordered for her that didn't arrive in time.

for Sandy Hook

The biggest hits so far for my 27-month-old:
    - the Leaptop - far and away the biggest hit. She got it for the first night of Chanukah and can't put her "puter" down

- the Gertie bumpy ball

-- Duplo house set. I can't wait for her to open the elmo and sesame street duplo sets

Edited to add: six days later and she still loves her pint sized broom - a big hit!

The only other thing she's received is a puzzle and she hasn't been as interested in that yet.
    Last edited by Roleysmom; 12-27-2011 at 01:26 AM.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

In the past sometimes the initial hits don't always have lasting value, and things that are neglected on Christmas morning sometimes go on to have good longevity.

DS2 is 21 months and his favs: cardboard playhouse (19 dollars) and inexpensive toy cell phone (2.xx). Oh, and a pack of tic tacs from DD's stocking that DS2 really wants. We are a mostly duplo/lego family but my brother gave DS2 the big megablocks (quattro sized) and he's enjoying those. Parachute a hit (we play parachute games w/ a sheet w/ ds2 sometimes. DD was giving DS2 rides on the parachute yesterday by dragging it around, but DS2 enjoyed it. My parents gave him a CAT ride on toy from costco. He does not need another ride on toy (we have a bunch and have already donated several) but he really likes it. Toy coffee maker and toaster also a hit (not on Christmas morning but seems to be enjoying it today, a day later)

Miss: so far not really into the glockenspiel but I think he'll like it eventually.

TBD: Lauri peg stacker, cutting food
    Last edited by brittone2; 12-26-2011 at 01:02 PM.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

First hit - Tolo shape sorter. Glad we got this one! The quality is nice and the baby really loves the sound of the rattling pieces. We got this for an amazing price thanks to the Amazon deals thread!
    DD - 12/07
    DS - 1/11

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

first hit.... zhu zhu pets!!!! keeping my 2yo, 6yo and the dog amused for hours.

BEST 0.90 I ever spent!! *LOL*

2nd hit, the indoor trampoline I scored from Amazon. both girls are happily bouncing away (taking turns)

Our 22 month old hits:

--My Pal Scout (she immediately started dancing and singing with it. So cute.)
    --Buddy and Tiny Pteranodon figures
    --Set of play fruits. She'll get her kitchen when we get home later. Hope she likes it!

Misses:

--Thomas the Train: Follow me Thomas. She mostly points the light at her feet which causes Thomas to chase after her. That's a bit scary for the time being (but tbh, daddy's having some fun with it!!)

----------
    Sent from the aether using Tapatalk.

Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.
    --Dr. Seuss

Penelope Grace
    Born 02.25.2010

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

got DS a train table (imaginarium), along with a huge lot of Thomas trains and accessories (mostly from CL). he loved them. except for his nap and when watching a thomas dvd, he spent the entire time in our playroom playing with the trains!!!

funny thing that 9mo DD loved it too. i had given her a purse and other girly stuff, but it seemed like she just wanted to play with trains like DS.

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

15 mo old DD:

Hits: cozy coupe, ball pit, that penguin that you bat it with the balls in it and this fisher price thing that has a steering wheel, shifter etc. Oh and a big truck.

Misses: trumpette cow, folding slide and the 20 other things she got that she has no interest in.

I've learned a valuable lesson about buying too much stuff!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast