Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

2.5 YO DS

Hits:
    • All Lightning McQueen related presents: PJ's, three different cars, stickers, puzzle, etc...
    • WOW! Rocket - no batteries, but noisy (this one surprised us all, my dad bought it at the last minute because they had more gifts for DD than DS, lol. DS opened it and said, "A rocketship! Just what I always wanted!" and played with it for the next hour straight. Made my dad's day :-)
    • Nod Chair
    • silly putty
    • Alex tub carwash
    TBD/Misses:
    • bearpaw slippers
    • big tent/market thing from MIL - hopefully he gets into it later
    • trains and tracks (actually he loves them, but I bought IKEA tracks and not all the Thomas trains fit under the tunnels - didn't do enough research I guess I'm not sure what I'll do about it yet)
    • Matchbox racetrack - I think he needs a year or two. DD (4 years old) loved it though!
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Last edited by sunnyside; 12-26-2011 at 12:49 AM.
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

AshleyAnn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD is 25 months -

Hits:
    Crayons and coloring books
    Little Tokes tiger xylophone (bought at goodwill for $2!)
    Playfood
    Dolls and toy crib and highchair set
    Little Tikes popping vaccumm
    Books

Misses:
    Rock n Roll Elmo from MIL
    Dress up clothes

TBD:
    Duplos
    Tag Reader Jr.

I decided to return a few items i bought while wrapping. I went overboard while shopping. Im glad i held off, she lost interest unwrapping just before the last few gifts.

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DS is 21 months.

Super hits:
    Skip Hop Dunck--stacking cups for the bath. Super hit! DD and DS played with these all day!

Melissa and Doug car carrier--another super hit!
    First 100 Machines Priddy book--he kept pointing and asking me to name all the vehicles. His new favorite book!

Also hits:
    John Deere green plastic dump truck
    Fisher Price Chatter Telephone--I had one of these when I was a baby
    Little Tikes Attach N Play Basketball--hoop that attaches to a door. It has 3 heights--the middle one is still a bit tall for him so I put it on the lowest one which is almost to the ground. Too easy for them but they like it.
    Playdoh set--we needed new Playdoh
    Playforever Bruno blue racing car--DH's pick. Retro looking large sturdy 10 inch racing car. Good job DH!

So-so:
    Crayola Lap Pad--I had to pull this out of the gift closet to distract DS from DD's dry erase activity board (because I'm not sure the dry erase markers are washable). It has Color Wonder markers and stick-on Color Wonder paper. Not sure where I'll get extra paper when it runs out though.

Misses:
    Musical Thomas the Train book--the words/story are too advanced for him and the music is probably going to annoy us! I don't know why I bought it.

To be determined:
    Animal Planet Dinosaur set
    Melissa and Doug sticker pad (I may regret buying all these stickers, I know they're going to end up all over everything!)
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

Kymberley is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DS is 29 mo.

Hits:

Wooden Thomas trains and tracks. He's only had a couple of hours to play with them, but he seems to like them a lot more than the Trackmaster set he already has.

Thomas book with sounds. It's a book, and it makes sounds. Win-win.

Hotwheels Wall tracks starter set. I think this was more for DH than for DS, but they both love it.

Cars: any and all. He got a lot. He loves his Ertel tractor as well.

Aircraft: same as cars. He loves airplanes and helicopters, so they've had a lot of play.

Leapfrog Lettersaurus: I hate it, he loves it. I guess I'll keep it around for a little while.

M&D wood puzzle clock: Lots of fun and educational. Big hit!

TBD:

IKEA Playfood. Hasn't had time to play with it yet.

Miss: Gift from well intentioned neighbor: Transformers fire station set? DS didn't even glance at it.

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hits: anything her big sister got
    Princess PollyPockets

Misses: knuffle bunny doll from my uncle. Dolly opened the box, said NO! And put the bunny behind her back.
    Hanna Andersson w swimsuit my mom gave her. In a size too small. Same reaction as the knuffle bunny, said NO! and put it behind her back. It is NWT and going on the BBB Swap
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

wimama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

3 1/2 month old DD:

Most are To be determined because she has to grow into the toys.

Hits:
    Pink Security Blanket from Grandparents
    Fisher Price Luv U Zoo Jumperoo - She can't touch the floor but likes to kick her legs and manipulate the spinning toys on it.
    BlaBla Bernice the Bear Mini Doll - Likes to cuddle and bit on it
    Waldorf Nikki Teething mini doll
    Skip Hop Owl - She likes the crinkly wings
    Skip Hop Soft Book

Unable to determine yet:
    Fisher Price Push Walker
    Reindeer Touchy Feely Book
    Hair Bows
    Bibs
    Amy -
    J - Spring 2006
    E - September 2011

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD2 just turned 2 last week.

Hits: play mixer that has working beaters and turns from stand mixer into hand mixer. She won't let us turn it off!

Playdough ice cream shoppe

Dress up skirt (from Walmart after halloween sale)

Bridge for Thomas train.

Anything her sister got from Santa

Misses: coloring books...just too many of them.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

DS is 2:

LOVED his Fisher Price Geo-Trax Timbertown Train-set. He sat and watched it go round and round the track for probably an hour before he was willing to move on to open any other gifts And it's his favorite toy out of everything he got that day. So glad I listened to the other mom's here when they recommended it!

Rody Max horse. Big hit! Loads of fun for him and his older brother and sister who keep "stealing" it, and he has a fit Everyone is hopping around the house on it. As soon as he sat down on it, he got the idea and was bouncing up and down. Very cute!

Winnie the Pooh DVD. Very cute, we all enjoyed it.

Fisher Price Doctor Kit. He is going around giving all of us, and his dolls, stuffed animals "check-ups".

Not sure yet...
    Melissa and Doug cardboard bricks. We haven't put them all together yet.
    Last edited by daisymommy; 12-27-2011 at 06:47 AM.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Hits, DD2, 19 mos. old (20 mos. on Thursday):
    Zhu Zhu pet (she wanted DD1's that DD1 got from her 8th grade buddy at school, that I ended up giving her one of the 2 $5 ones I found on clearance at Target that was originally meant for DD1)

Leap Frog cell phone (you punch in numbers it tells you the value of the number)

Little People car

Lands End Anywhere Chair (although space wise I really should've just gotten the PBK My First Anywhere Chair, but oh well, for the same price I couldn't pass up the LE one!)

Dr. Suess plush toy from Kohls (not sure which one it is, but it's green and it's not the Grinch)

Misses: none yet.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast