Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Default Hits and Misses 2011 for 3-5 year olds

What was a hit or miss for your 3- 5 year old? Please post a review here!
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

citymama is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

5.5 year old DD:
    Loved: her poodle purse pal, her jokebook, Magic Treehouse books, paintbrush markers, coloring pad, journal, sharpener and new pjs. And modeling clay.
    Liked but not crazy about: new Keen sandals (she says they irritate her skin), watercolor pencils, swim goggles (way too practical!).
    Unknown reaction: UNO card game, Usborne travel cards.
    No real misses although she didn't get one of the gifts she asked for. I vetoed. She seems to have forgotten or no longer care.

for Sandy Hook

DDs age 3.5

Hits so far: The cardboard decorate it yourself playhouse ($12 black Friday deal) it certainly was impressive when they walked out. Tag readers from MIL (sigh). The Playskool Doctor's kit. The Maxim "green" doll house on super discount from LAST year's Garnet Hill Christmas Sale ($18, total score!) They also like the Krinkle bristle blocks I posted about in the Amazon thread...I didn't really know what they were, but I'm glad I decided to buy them, they seem to them. They haven't seen the full drum set from SIL that's downstairs in the playroom, but they will love it!

Misses: It's hard to tell, but they don't seem all that impressed with the M&D standard unit block set from the JC Penney deal, Alex Toys button art it (but that may be a sleeper hit, I hope so at least because it looks fun!) and the adorable Minnie Mouse knit hats they fawned over in Target.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DD seems most excited about the Our Generation doll trunk for her doll clothes.

Xbox/kinect hasn't really gotten her attention all that much or DS1's. They played with it a bit but so far aren't wowed. I'm sure it will grow on them or it will be mommy's for some fun workout games eta: Christmas night the whole extended family played Kinect, including uncles, grandparents, etc. and everyone had a great time w/ it.
    Last edited by brittone2; 12-26-2011 at 01:06 PM.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

amandabea is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DD will be 5 in one month and says EVERYTHING is her favorite! The biggest hits seem to be the Lalaloopsy Treehouse and School Bus as well as several of the mini dolls. Also the Groovy Girls princess, knight, dragon and horse are getting a lot of play. Two other dolls - Karito Kids Zoe and Corolle Les Cheries - haven't received much attention, but I love the Corolle doll and am already thinking about buying some doll clothes for her.

She seems to have appreciated everything...even the two outfits and socks.

I did a much better job of controlling myself and not going too far overboard with gifts and toys this year.
    mommy to DD 1/07

The mini trampoline is a HUGE hit. As is this set of Disney princess dolls we got her instead of the Barbie princesses.

DH made her a reading nook and she has spent all morning either in the nook or on the trampoline.

This princess dress has also been a big hit.

Both kids seem to like the M&D shopping cart.
    DD - 12/07
    DS - 1/11

DD loves her Leap Pad, Backyardigans DVD and a pillowcase her "aunt" made her.

DS loves his Leap Pad, a semi truck that holds matchbox cars, and crank flashlight from ikea.

Unsure of any misses at this point.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

4 year old DS2:

Hits: Capt Hook costume (truly hilarious on him--he won't take it off), Playmobil farm and pirate ship, Leap Pad, pirate treasure chest, Cars car stadium carrying case

Misses: None that I can tell yet, but he was less than thrilled over the set of Duplos from DH.
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Lula loves her Barbie Fairy Secret and My Pretty Pony. She has been asking for the Barbie for almost a year. M&D unit blocks are another huge hit.

Pajamas were given the expected cold shoulder!
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

mypa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

3yo DD

Hits: Looooves her Vtech KidiJamz, especially the microphone that can change her voice pitch and the Leapfrog Text and Learn (from Kohl's toy deal last month). She is really into electronics this year.

Miss: Dressy Daisy. I forgot to give this to her last year and am afraid she may have already outgrown it, but maybe she's just distracted by all the electronic stuff.

ETA: Huge huge hit: QVC Turbo Twister RC Car from grandparents. Small, bright neon lights, twisted wheels, easy to control.

ETA: The M&D plush Tabby cat from the Amazon thread, she's been carrying it around all day.
    Last edited by mypa; 12-25-2011 at 07:59 PM.
    Mary

DS Summer '05
    DD Fall '08

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast