Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

3 yo DD

Hits: Saucer sled (despite the lack of snow lol!), cash register, and mustard...yep, mustard was a big hit!

Jury's still out on:
    bike with training wheels. She's hesitant by nature but did manage to ride it up and down the drive way quite a few times!

Misses:
    Schleich animals. Her quote "Mommy, I think I have enough animals now!" They might be a sleeper hit, though since she's way into pretend play.
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DDs age 5. They are at a great age, and responded with overwhelming joy at each and every gift. It was super fun watching them open stuff. Even the things that I think will be "misses" were enthusiastically and thankfully accepted, so I'm happy with that! There was a lot of squealing!

Hits: Target horses, I think because this was the first year they requested something and this was their request. They were VERY excited. Also, very thrilled by the AG knock-off dolls to go with the horses. They were totally surprised by those and I was surprised at the quality when I opened them.

Surprise hit: pump flash lights from my parents. They've played with those a bunch already. Also, they have spent probably 1.5 hours playing with the big bag of Polly Pocket dolls from Goodwill that cost $2.50!

Neutral/TBD: Magic TreeHouse books, they haven't heard of them so didn't seem to be super excited about them. I hope they will be really enjoyable reads though.

Misses: They weren't super enthusiastic about the boxes of pink and purple clothes but I know they will enjoy wearing them. They did get a kick out of the pink and purple clogs that match mine! They seem to think the mittens are a bit too big (they may be right) and chose to wear their old gloves to go outside today.

I will have to go back and add the items my parents gave them. We opened those up on Friday and had to leave them to travel to the beach. It was so overwhelming, they brought TONS of tiny gifts, I can't remember them all.

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This is for DD (turns 4 the end of Jan)

Hits: Rody Max!, My Little Pony Castle (only Santa gift requested), Legos big pink box (she actually thought it was playmobil! from my parents)

Meh: Robe that my mom hand made

the other gifts she has not yet opened including the Magnatiles, some clothes and a couple of games. Will open when grandparents arrive at 5p

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD2 Age 3.5:

DD2 was very excited this Christmas and seemed to like all of her Christmas surprises overall. The biggest hits thus far include:

Her Kidcraft Dollhouse: http://www.amazon.com/KidKraft-65023...4859422&sr=8-2
    We learned from our visit to a friend's house that she seems to prefer the houses sized for Barbie sized dolls.

This Minnie Birthday Bowtique doll set (which she has been dressing/undressing all day and playing with it in her doll house): http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-D...4858920&sr=1-1

This Cinderella doll in her dollhouse: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ms_ohs_product

Her butterfly pillow pet (very soft and she is obsessed with butterflies).

Magnatiles (managed to snag to smaller sets locally on sale on Black Friday before they became hard to find). DD1 has also enjoyed playing with this toy.

This Lands End sleeping bag ($30 during 40% off sale): http://www.landsend.com/pp/PercaleSl...&origin=search. She feels like such a big girl and is the nicest quality sleeping bag my kids have had.

Her princess fishing pole (my big kids have taken to fishing in a nearby pond even though they have yet to catch anything).

Rain boots and Minnie umbrella.

Animal planet bucket of animals.

Wow, did she get lots of gifts (many from friends/family). The jury is still out on her other items. Hopefully, more hits to come!

Update: Ok, as predicted the drums were a huge hit! And the button art was a sleeper, they are loving it. They also like the wood toaster and coffee maker fron Magic Cabin.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

5.5 yr DD

Hits: leap pad, finger paints and pad, angry birds stickers.

No misses yet, but she hasn't played with everything.

mom to one girl, 9.5 years old
    and one boy, 5 years old

DS2 - 4.5
    Hits
    Leappad
    Microphone with stand
    Lemonade Mouth DVD (waaaaaaaay into music)
    More Magnatiles
    Art supplies
    His baby brothers ride on Thomas toy
    Basketball hoop

No real misses thus far, but I put quite a few things in his closet unopened and we bring them out on rainy days, so time will tell.
    Alaina
    DS1 12 , DS2 7.5 and DS3 5

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

4yo= 99% miss! Santa brought a Wii and ds2 could care less about any other presents!!!! He still has presents wrapped under the tree and no interest in opening them! We told him he had to open at least one before he could play Wii. he grudgingly did it and then and then asked if he could be done. So, the 2 following rounds with the grandparents were forced openings (by grandparents) and he barely acknowledged anything. I am tempted to return everything under the tree because he won't miss them.

4yo ds hits- Wii and dh's Kindle Fire, Dh was right; the iTouch we almost gave ds1 would have been well received by ds2.

gobadgers is online now Platinum level (1000+ posts)

4YO DD did pretty well

Hits:
    • Nod chair
    • big package of assorted paintbrushes
    • crayon rocks
    • Leapfrog Tag U.S. map
    • Nutcracker DVD
    • Butterfly sticky mosaic
    • Alex doll dressup toy for the bath
    • Strawberry Shortcake Market (IMO only she asked Santa for it)
    • bunny slippers
    • Rapunzel pajamas
    TBD:
    • "Expresso Cafe" big tent and related food set from MIL. Has not gotten a lot of love yet
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DS1 (5)

Hits: Imaginext samurai castle, star wars ship from Amazon deal, star wars light saber, smokey and stinky trucks, jack Wellington hat

Duds: zingo, spot it, legos 405 piece set

DS2 (2 y 11 mo)

Hits:

Lionel polar express set, small commercial airliners with sounds, Thomas & friends large train

Duds: battat set, m&d puzzles, bruder trucks
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast