Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Default Hits and Misses 2011 for 6-8 year olds

What were your hits and misses for your 6-8 year olds? Please post here!
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

mypa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Camelot Jr. I'm having fun w/ it, too. What a wonderfully made set, great for puzzle thinkers.

ETA: DS is enjoying his Toy Story Action Links (from last yr's Amazon sale).

ETA: Huge huge hit! From grandparents, QVC Turbo Twister RC car. Small, bright neon lights, twisty front wheels, easy to control. This was a surpirse hit. DS got a Bounce Back Racer last year that he showed very little interest. The Turbo Twister is way better and he is loving it. WTG, grandma!
    Last edited by mypa; 12-25-2011 at 05:49 PM.
    Mary

DS Summer '05
    DD Fall '08

I got these for my boys a few weeks ago when redeeming Old Navy Super Cash and didn't save them for a gift, but they've been loving them so much that it's worthy of the hits thread IMO.

It's these fleece hoodies: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=882155002

Our house is kept at 68 degrees on the main level but is colder in the basement, so they love wearing these in the basement while playing and also wear them oftentimes on the main level to feel extra cozy and warm (e.g., while reading a book). They always wear them when they wake up in the morning, which makes it easier to transition out of the warm bed, and they've sometimes worn them to bed if their rooms were colder than normal.

I've washed them many times and they've come out great. And my boys have told me many times how much they like them and how soft they are. My boys don't care about clothes (thus, I never give clothes as gifts) so this is the first time that they've expressed so much affection for a clothing item.

The hexbug nano set from Costco is a big hit here! DS2 opened it for Hanukkah last night. We have been playing with it, changing the tracks around all morning.
    Michelle

DS#1 10/02
    DS#2 8/04

Homeschooling mom to 2 middle schoolers, once-owner of the now-defunct My Little Ducks

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The Alex embroidery kit and sewing kit were huge hits with my 8YO DD.
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DS1 is in his bliss with his 3 Ninjango sets he asked for ONE and he has been in his room for 2 hours happily putting one set together. He posed for 10 photos with the sets (which he never does). He is thrilled!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DS1 is more excited about the Nerf Stampede and tactical vest than the xbox/kinect for now I think.

eta:update: on CHristmas night the whole extended family played the kinect and everyone really enjoyed it, kids included.
    Last edited by brittone2; 12-26-2011 at 12:57 PM.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So far the scooters they requested from Santa, the colored tape and holder, and more tinker toys are the big winners. They got leap pads for 6 th birthday last week and like those.

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by fivi2 View Post
    So far the scooters they requested from Santa, the colored tape and holder, and more tinker toys are the big winners. They got leap pads for 6 th birthday last week and like those.
    Did you find a deal on the colored tape and holder?
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

Elilly is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS loved his football helmet and bike. DD loves her locket and microscope. Misses YTBD.
    DD 02
    DS 04

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast