Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Biggest hits for 7 y.o DS:

Nintendo 3DS
    Nerf gun (forgot the name, but it's a big one)
    telescope
    Bow and Arrow

no duds yet that I know of. Like my other son, he's just sort of "meh" on the Lego kits he received

DD 6.5

The Barbie Camper and tent. This thing has been a HUGE hit with her and her 3 year old sister! Even my dh is impressed with it.

She also is having fun playing with The Sneaky Snacky Squirrel game her sister received...its really cute.

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kristac View Post
    Did you find a deal on the colored tape and holder?

Umm no... On Dec 22 I panicked that Santa was not bringing enough and drove to Lakeshore Learning on my lunch break (got stuck in traffic and took an extra 30 minutes) and paid full price (Lakeshore Learning inflated full price) for the last one they had...

But - they love it as I knew they would. And Santa had really been kind of weak before that, so I am telling myself it is okay...

eta: last night they played Mouse Trap and Angry Birds knock on Wood with cousins - they liked those. All morning they have been playing with the toddler size princess dolls and breyer unicorns, so those are a hit. (I had wanted the animator collection ones, but ended up with cheap Target (had to go on Amazon for Snow White, but still cheap) ones. But they are loving them. And my girls usually don't like dolls). Oh and my mother gave them doll bunk beds which the princess dolls are enjoying quite a bit.

Still haven't opened the break your own geodes or snap circuits. I had some other board games in the closet that I added to fill things out, but haven't opened those either. No real misses except the ugly clothes my mom gave them.
    Last edited by fivi2; 12-26-2011 at 12:11 PM.

ds1 is 8 (3rd grade)
    ds2 is 5 (kinder)

HITS!
    ds2 got perplexus rookie & ds1 grabbed it & didn't let it go until he'd mastered it!!!

ds2 then moved on to *his* gift & both he & dh are enjoying it!:
    ant-virus game by fundex

ds1 is now tackling the rush hour extention cards and ds2 will then move on to these, lol! (Can you tell my boys like puzzle games, LOL!)

there is more TBD...I have fastrack & spot it left to give...
    ~laura in miami~
    ds1 7/03
    ds2 7/06
    Welcome/Intro to Infantreflux (I'm a Mod)

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ts faves (as related by him) His is 8 and 1/2.

Spore Galatic Adventures
    Lego Master Builder Set #1
    Bird Field Guide
    iPod
    Hex Bug Habitat set
    Microscope
    Painting set

As for things he did not like "not really any of them"

Only thing that could be a miss right now is the Rubiks Cube from my brother which is driving him insane but he won't put it down. In fact he is sitting around staring at it with a slight glare.
    Last edited by kijip; 12-26-2011 at 02:52 PM.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Forgot- we also got a perplexus. Big hit so far.

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

6yo DD
    Biggest Hit:
    Discovery Box - our adventurer/collector is thrilled!

8yo DD
    Hits:
    Janome Sew Mini - biggest hit so far! She is very interested in learning sew and is thrilled about this. It's a real machine, not a toy, and seems well made.

Papasan cushion - for laying on the floor to read, watch TV, etc.

Munchkyn card game - some of the cards are a little grown up for her but she understands the game and loves the "get your neighbor" aspect

Misses:
    Not too thrilled about the socks.
    Last edited by missym; 12-27-2011 at 11:44 AM.
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

calv is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by fivi2 View Post

Umm no... On Dec 22 I panicked that Santa was not bringing enough and drove to Lakeshore Learning on my lunch break (got stuck in traffic and took an extra 30 minutes) and paid full price (Lakeshore Learning inflated full price) for the last one they had...

But - they love it as I knew they would. And Santa had really been kind of weak before that, so I am telling myself it is okay...

eta: last night they played Mouse Trap and Angry Birds knock on Wood with cousins - they liked those. All morning they have been playing with the toddler size princess dolls and breyer unicorns, so those are a hit. (I had wanted the animator collection ones, but ended up with cheap Target (had to go on Amazon for Snow White, but still cheap) ones. But they are loving them. And my girls usually don't like dolls). Oh and my mother gave them doll bunk beds which the princess dolls are enjoying quite a bit.

Still haven't opened the break your own geodes or snap circuits. I had some other board games in the closet that I added to fill things out, but haven't opened those either. No real misses except the ugly clothes my mom gave them.
    what's this tape thing all about? Link please inquiring minds want to know/see

Quote Originally Posted by calv View Post
    what's this tape thing all about? Link please inquiring minds want to know/see
    http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/pro...=1324930358753

Someone posted a link to one in early December (probably a different brand...? can't remember). I had looked around for a cheaper version, even found a couple online, I think. I had decided against it until the last minute panic and Lakeshore learning b&m was the only place I could get one at that late date. My girls are obsessed with tape and always steal mine, so this is perfect for them. Just expensive!

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Fivi- Did you get the one inch or the half inch? Glad to hear it is a hit. Still drooling over it and trying to talk myself into the price but I know my kiddos would loooooove it.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast