Reading your responses just ticked me off all over again!

And unfortunately I did not tear into the manager, I was so gobsmacked I wasn't thinking straight.

I called again this morning and after the usual sit on hold/tell the whole damn thing again I asked for a supervisior. I told her this was insane, there is no reason I should have to go to these lengths and I wanted to know when my refund would be processed.

She put me on hold forever and came back with...wait for it...

"Your refund was processed on Dec 13th and should be reflected in one of your next 3 billing statements.'

So I told her no way, the item was returned on the 23rd, there is no way they issued a credit for an item I hadn't been able to return yet. (I asked for a shipping label for the first time on the 12th when it was delivered!) I also told her I paid by PayPal and it would notify me when it hit my account rather than a 'billing statement'.

She got really rude and claimed that PayPal was withholding the funds and that it had nothing more to do with them. She also said they were wasting time researching it thanks to my call from yesterday. At this point I was pretty fuming and reminded her that the girl from yesterday couldn't even find the return and claimed I would have to wait another week for the refund! She said that girl was wrong, they refunded the money, it's paypal's problem now.

So then I called pay pal. Who obviously said no way - there was no refund from them at all. I submitted the request for my money back from PP and then got an email from them stating that B&N sent in the tracking numbers and are fighting it.

I called PP back again and went through the whole thing again. This guy said the first guy submitted the wrong paperwork and took my tracking #s again. He put me on hold forever and came back with:

All set! The money is back in my account and the case is closed!

I swear I have half a mind to call B&N again just to do some gloating!

I cannot believe the time an effort it has taken to sort this out. I can't get over how awful this company is! Thanks for letting me vent!