Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default PSA: For the love of all things holy, don't buy from B&N.com - FINALLY!

I'm sure this could be moved, but as my 'home' board I thought I would stick it here.

I have been fighting B&N customer service for almost a month now. They are the very worst CS I have ever, ever encountered. No one has any idea what they are doing and I have had every one tell me something different and no one is right.

I had a bunch tell me an order was cancelled - it wasn't. I had a bunch tell me it shipped - it didn't. I had a bunch send me a return label (both by email and mail) and it never came. And I was told it must be shipped back by Saturday to get a refund. Then I had UPS at my door to pick up a box with no label. Today they told me I don't need the label I've been waiting on for more than a week.

I can't believe the level of incompetance from such a big and reputable company.
    Last edited by Jacksmommy2b; 01-03-2012 at 01:09 PM.
    Dena

Super Crunchy Mama to:
    ('06) The big guy

('09) The little guy

('12) and the diva

Learning to live with MSPI, FPIES and Food Allergies.

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Don't want to hear this...just sent a big gift card to a friend to there.

Their customer service is really, really awful.

hbridge is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Horrendous customer service! Twice I've ordered something and the packing slip had a MUCH LOWER price on it than I paid. When I called they had NO RECORD of what the packing slip said!

Also, almost everything I order comes through damaged and/or take FOREVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows&Roses View Post
    Their customer service is really, really awful.
    Yes, I had a bad experience with them too last year. I purchased a camera for my mom on BF online, it said it had shipped. But then my mom never thanked me so I asked her if she got it. No--she didn't. I called (now a couple of weeks after purchase) and they said, oh, it looks like we never did ship it (even though my email said they did) and now it's out of stock. Umm...no email from them telling me that or anything else. If I hadn't asked my mom, I never would have known it didn't arrive.

At that point I couldn't get any cameras on a good deal and when I tried to get them to give me a comparable camera for a discounted price or anything from them, nada. I kept asking to talk to supervisors and finally after spending a LOT of time on the phone, I got a $10 B&N card and that was it.

sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I really, really dislike them too. I had a customer service issue that took hours on the phone and was never resolved. No one knew anything and they kept on passing me off between bricks and mortar and online.

Also, I don't get their "kids club." It has done nothing positive for me, they seem to jerryrig their prices on those specials. I have stopped buying kids stuff there because I think it is not a real benefit to parents and just a marketing ploy to lure people into thinking they are equivalent to amazon.

Can you tell I really don't like them?
    ds 2007
    dd 2010
    baby dd 2014

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I experienced terrible customer service with B&N too last year and definitely hold a grudge. It was a major factor in my decision to buy a kindle over a nook. I knew if something went wrong with a nook, dealing with B&N CS would be painful. Incidentally, DS' kindle froze after 11 months. After a 5 minute call, amazon agreed to ship a new one overnight for free.

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I had a not so great experience too - but thought it was just me. I somehow submitted an order - but got no email confirm (they only confirm when shipped). I tried to cancel on line - didn't work. So contacted cs = they contacted the factory and cancelled it and confirmed this with me. Now this was a gift..so no way for me to know. Well next day i take a look and it says shipped..contact CS and they say sorry, already gone. If I had not followed up..who knows..and who knows what actually was sent! I was pretty furious though and got them to credit gift wrap and shipping.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by justlearning View Post
    Yes, I had a bad experience with them too last year. I purchased a camera for my mom on BF online, it said it had shipped. But then my mom never thanked me so I asked her if she got it. No--she didn't. I called (now a couple of weeks after purchase) and they said, oh, it looks like we never did ship it (even though my email said they did) and now it's out of stock. Umm...no email from them telling me that or anything else. If I hadn't asked my mom, I never would have known it didn't arrive.

At that point I couldn't get any cameras on a good deal and when I tried to get them to give me a comparable camera for a discounted price or anything from them, nada. I kept asking to talk to supervisors and finally after spending a LOT of time on the phone, I got a $10 B&N card and that was it.
    wow, that's really rotten. i've had my fair share of negative experiences at various sites, but this kinda takes a cake! i mean, that's nuts...charging a customer for something, telling them it shipped, and not shipping it..that's almost like stealing, you'd think a company would be bending over backwards to correct something like that!

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm with you. I ordered radios for my DDs -- two different ones-- and got two of the same. When I called the CS rep did not seem to care too much about their mistake. They offered to ship the other but it would arrive after X-mas. She then suggested that I give DD the wrong one and just switch it out after X-mas -- umm, she is 6 and I had mentioned this fact before her suggestion -- I don't think that would really go over very well.
    Then she offered me a $5 dollar gift card for my trouble, but the worst part was that she was not apologetic at all.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast