Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I agree that B&N's CS is really awful. My latest issue with them is that they claimed they linked my kids club account and membership number together in the store (took forever too) but I found out weeks later that they didn't. So I didn't get credited for several larger purchases that I purchased in the meantime. Of course, it took them forever to figure out what was the problem when I was on the phone with them. I asked them if I could be compensated somehow because I was told in the stoer that it was linked correctly. They said they had no way of retroactively crediting the account and could not compensate me in any way since the store made the mistake. Told me to call the store. So I called the store and they said that they would have to check with someone and get back to me. Of course they never got back to me.

It wasn't that much money and not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but CS was just so unapologetic over the situation. Do they really have no authority to just say, we're so sorry about the mistake, we'll send you a $xx amount gift card to compensate? Other companies (Amazon, Boden) does that. Even Borders gave me extra borders bucks when a gift card for a return got lost in the mail.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

maiaann is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Good grief! I've never ordered from B&N and after reading all these posts I don't think I ever will!
    DD1 10/01
    DD2 02/07
    DD3 07/09

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

yeah, just say no!

I ordered from them and somehow managed to delete the confirmation email. They charged my cc but couldnt find any record of the order. Since I had no order #, I couldnt find it either. I called when I got my cc bill and they INSISTED they hadnt charged me. I finally gave up arguing and let my cc company handle it.

ALL DONE with them!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

That is very good to know. One time I did an online stock check for a book at their store and that didn't work. They are usually my last resort because their prices tend to be higher than almost everyone else too.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I couldn't believe that they did not the the latest Diary of a Wimpy Kid book in stock that I ordered in early Dec...it's only available in every store, I just ordered from them as I had a gift card...now I can't figure out how they credited my account, and nobody is of any help.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows&Roses View Post
    Their customer service is really, really awful.
    Yes, I could not agree more. I won't order from bn.com again. Store is fine though.

for Sandy Hook

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Yes, I could not agree more. I won't order from bn.com again. Store is fine though.
    Yes, I received great customer service from the manager at our local B&N last week.

Quote Originally Posted by cuca_ View Post
    I'm with you. I ordered radios for my DDs -- two different ones-- and got two of the same. When I called the CS rep did not seem to care too much about their mistake. They offered to ship the other but it would arrive after X-mas. She then suggested that I give DD the wrong one and just switch it out after X-mas -- umm, she is 6 and I had mentioned this fact before her suggestion -- I don't think that would really go over very well.
    Then she offered me a $5 dollar gift card for my trouble, but the worst part was that she was not apologetic at all.
    Same thing here (except no gc offer) I will never shop there again!

mypa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Wow, thanks for the warning. I've never shopped at BN.com until recently and fortunately my orders were correct, but I hate to think of what I'd have to deal with if something went wrong.

Now, don't get me started on Sears.com. Ordered 4 sneakers, got charged for 4 sneakers, have only 2 in possesion. That was nearly 2 months ago. After multiple phone calls got 1 sneaker refunded but am still waiting to hear about the other one. This post has reminded me I need to follow up, yet again.

Too bad these big companies don't have their act together. I imagine a lot of $$ being wasted. Makes me appreciate places that have good CS.
    Mary

DS Summer '05
    DD Fall '08

I have not ordered online from B&N lately, but I had a wonderful in-store experience recently. I had called my tiny local store to see if they had the chemistry set DS1 wanted (& I had a 40% coupon to use on it), they did, they held it for me, and when the 20-something girl at the register saw that DS was with me, she kindly offered to wrap it for us while we walked around for a few minutes so he wouldn't see it.

So a thumbs up for my local B&N!

Oh, and sorry for the run on sentence above
    Michelle

DS#1 10/02
    DS#2 8/04

Homeschooling mom to 2 middle schoolers, once-owner of the now-defunct My Little Ducks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast