Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Wow. I've ordered from BN.com many times and have never had a problem with my order. It's never been too complicated, though. Just books. So I never had to call CS. Hope I didn't jinx myself by writing this!
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

When wanting something from B&N, I found that the best way to get it was to order instore. Then the sales associate will handle the B&N people for you. The sales associate got them to ship an order I had placed that I had heard nothing about and that whe she first contacted the warehouse they said the items were "lost". A few days later, my order arrived.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

So I finally shipped the damn thing back on the 23rd. I figured it was time to call again as I hadn't heard from them since. (surprise, surprise)

I was told that they must not have received the package yet as refunds are instant. (I'm sure they are...)

I told her there is no way, the box was picked up a week and a half ago. I checked ups.com and of course it was delivered on the 27th! After putting me on hold she came back with: Oh yeah, I see it now. Well give up a few days and if you still don't get an email... Call again!

This is more than a month, no less than 25 phone calls and still - no $, no answers!

When this first happened I called the local store and asked the manager if he had any suggestions on how to procceed as I really felt like I wasn't getting anywhere. He told me the mix up was my fault as I 'keep calling and bothering customer service when their system isn't that fast and needs a few days to catch up."

I will never ever deal with them again. I am just disgusted.
    Dena

Super Crunchy Mama to:
    ('06) The big guy

('09) The little guy

('12) and the diva

Learning to live with MSPI, FPIES and Food Allergies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmommy2b View Post

He told me the mix up was my fault as I 'keep calling and bothering customer service when their system isn't that fast and needs a few days to catch up."
    WHAT?!?!?! Its your fault their CS and computers suck?!?!?!?
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

If they don't refund, call your cc company. You have proof they received the package.

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I wouldn't give them much more time before I'd dispute with the CC company...let them deal with it!

I will admit that I've shopped there a few times lately, but I much prefer Amazon. I had an awful experience with them this summer when my husband was in the hospital with a stroke. Someone had given him two Books on CDs and we don't have a CD player. The gift giver wasn't someone we knew well, so I was uncomfortable asking for a receipt (it was a great idea...he listened to a ton of audible on his iphone while he was waiting for his vision to improve just didn't want books on CD and these weren't his taste). I took the cellophane wrapped books on CD back to B&N (they were still entirely intact and even had the 20% off for members sticker on them) and they wouldn't take them back. I was assuming I would get store credit and I might only get the sales price, but I couldn't believe they wouldn't give me anything for them. We talked to multiple managers, explained the situation, etc. No one would budge and they said they take no returns without receipts even if the product was never opened, was still a bestseller and was obviously from them. I vowed not to shop there and although I've violated it 1-2x lately, I've just been trying to use up some gift cards.
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Wow. That is crazy. With that kind of CS (or lack thereof), they will be following borders soon.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Assuming you paid with a CC, I would dispute it right now. It is a hassle for companies to deal with disputes and they deserve the hassle.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    Wow. That is crazy. With that kind of CS (or lack thereof), they will be following borders soon.

that is really horrible. so sorry you have to deal with this!

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmommy2b View Post
    He told me the mix up was my fault as I 'keep calling and bothering customer service when their system isn't that fast and needs a few days to catch up."
    WHAAATTTT???!!!! Oh, you're BOTHERING CS? Asking them to do their job is bothersome? I hope you told him off!
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast