Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Reading your responses just ticked me off all over again!

And unfortunately I did not tear into the manager, I was so gobsmacked I wasn't thinking straight.

I called again this morning and after the usual sit on hold/tell the whole damn thing again I asked for a supervisior. I told her this was insane, there is no reason I should have to go to these lengths and I wanted to know when my refund would be processed.

She put me on hold forever and came back with...wait for it...

"Your refund was processed on Dec 13th and should be reflected in one of your next 3 billing statements.'

So I told her no way, the item was returned on the 23rd, there is no way they issued a credit for an item I hadn't been able to return yet. (I asked for a shipping label for the first time on the 12th when it was delivered!) I also told her I paid by PayPal and it would notify me when it hit my account rather than a 'billing statement'.

She got really rude and claimed that PayPal was withholding the funds and that it had nothing more to do with them. She also said they were wasting time researching it thanks to my call from yesterday. At this point I was pretty fuming and reminded her that the girl from yesterday couldn't even find the return and claimed I would have to wait another week for the refund! She said that girl was wrong, they refunded the money, it's paypal's problem now.

So then I called pay pal. Who obviously said no way - there was no refund from them at all. I submitted the request for my money back from PP and then got an email from them stating that B&N sent in the tracking numbers and are fighting it.

I called PP back again and went through the whole thing again. This guy said the first guy submitted the wrong paperwork and took my tracking #s again. He put me on hold forever and came back with:

All set! The money is back in my account and the case is closed!

I swear I have half a mind to call B&N again just to do some gloating!

I cannot believe the time an effort it has taken to sort this out. I can't get over how awful this company is! Thanks for letting me vent!
    Dena

Super Crunchy Mama to:
    ('06) The big guy

('09) The little guy

('12) and the diva

Learning to live with MSPI, FPIES and Food Allergies.

Nu_mama is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I don't think I have ever decided that I wouldn't shop someplace based on other people's experiences, but this is enough to convince me to avoid BN.com at all costs. Glad you got this resolved but what absolutely awful CS they gave. Has anyone else been seeing poor CS as a trend over the last few months? I have experienced it more than I thought I would in this economy where retailers are fighting for our dollars more than ever. It really makes you think twice about where you want to shop.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I get BN.com newsletters in my email. I just unsubscribed as after reading your ordeal, I won't buy from them.

SOOOOOOOOO glad you posted this!

I was just getting ready to order calendars from them but think I will drive myself down to the store instead as I have neither the time nor patience for that kind of nonesense!
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Truly unbelievable. I am glad you got your money finally!
    K

Wow- that's truly awful. I'm sorry for all your angst.

Add me to the list of people who have had horrid experience with BN.com. I will never shop there and have made it a personal mission to tell everyone how they treated me. I ordered a camera last year on a 50% off sale. The same camera was on sale a few places locally for 25-40% off because it was a close out. I got a confirmation. The money was charged to my card. I got a ship date. A few days later I got a cancellation notice- not because they were sold out but because BN had decided not to sell them at that price. The email notice had multiple typos and wasn't even apologetic- just "that's the way it is." By the time I got the notice of course the camera was sold out else where so I lost out on my oppertunity to get it else where due to BN.com. I was shocked that a big company would behave this way but when I told others about it I heard lots of other similar, bad customer service stories. I'm counting the months until BN goes out of business, just like Borders. The stores may be great (and I do like my local store) but .com is a necessary part of that business now and that part of their business is going to kill them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4