Default LegoLand, Orlando - can you shop w/o going in the park?

Does anyone know if you can get in to the store at LegoLand Orlando without paying to go in the park itself? I have no desire to do the park, but would love to take the kids in to the store to shop. I assume it is bigger than a regular Lego store?

The only Lego store I have been in to compare to is Potomac Mills outlet in VA.
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

There's a large Lego store at Downtown Disney in Orlando and you don't need to pay to go there.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

We were just there last week and I did not see an option for that, but you might call to check.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No u can't. But beth's advice is good, do the lego store @ DT disney.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

I know you can (or used to be able to) get a pass to visit the Lego store at Legoland in CA. I've done it before. I was only able to spend a certain amount of time in the store. I'd call and ask.
    Melissa

Mom to Emma (4/03), Kate (7/05), Sam and Claire (6/09)

okay so we hit Lego at Downtown Disney at 9:30PM on our way to our hotel to catch the Auto Train home the next day. Wow. We each made three mini-figs and loaded up one large pick-a-brick cup with some cool stuff that I have no idea what to do with. We were there until closing and could have stayed longer.

I was disappointed in the selections in the mini-fig bins. We made nine figures and had to repeat two torsos and legs. But I did manage to make a Dharma Initiative mechanic guy complete with wrench and walkie.

Thanks for the great idea, Beth.
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by stillplayswithbarbies View Post
    But I did manage to make a Dharma Initiative mechanic guy complete with wrench and walkie.
    I'm seething in green jealousy right now.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

we stopped at Lego at Potomac Mills outlet mall at the other end of the Auto Train this afternoon.

My daughther made Dora the Explorer, kind of by accident.

I made my husband as a young boy. (astronaut t-shirt and huge walkie-talkie and Justin Bieber hair in brownish-red) Just need to build Lego Commodore 64 and he will be complete.

also made a vampire, a witch, a pirate, Peter Pan, a WWE wrestler, and two clowns. My daughter made a "guy who helps you at a hotel", not sure if she means a concierge or bellhop? He has a megaphone so I think he looks like an MC.

At the other store, I made Farah Fawcett at the Oscars.

my little one builds random things and then is happy to put them back in the bins because "them miss them friends". Older daughter and I have a hard time choosing three to buy, after we make a dozen or so.

I am having way too much fun.

oh and I packed another large pick-a-brick cup, after watching a teenage boy engineer his at Downtown Disney. I learned some tricks, but I wasn't as patient as he was. I did learn that the lid doesn't have to snap on, as long as it is balanced on there, they will tape it on for you.
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003

alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Welcome to the dark side! the pick a brick wall is addictive....and I make it my personal goal to fill every nook and cranny!