Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

ok, great tips!!!! The Sew Mini was $49 on Christmas night when mom found it on Hancock's website. Of course, by the next morning when I went to the store, it was back to $79 in store and online. (minor grrr). Being the BBBer that I am, asked about any discounts, etc. I *think* what I'm going to do is go back there today and grab the 3128 that is on sale for $99 (reg $139 like the similar Hello Kitty.) I think the biggest thing to remember is that my mom is willing to sit with DD some this week and teach her, then she comes to stay with us for the better part of a week in Jan. They can work together then too. I think that it would be good to let them have some time together to do this rather than wait until I find a better sale down the road. I don't want to miss out on her having the chance for grandma to teach her how to sew.

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Another vote for the Janome Sew Mini (or the Hello Kitty version). We bought the Sew Mini at Hancock when it was $49 - not sure if they only run that special before Christmas, but it's a great price.

We've only used it for a couple of days, but I'm impressed. It will be a great machine for her to use until she's ready to move to a full-size one. I can see myself borrowing it if I need to take a machine along somewhere for quick crafting, repairs, etc.
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Home depot.com has the sew mini for $58.96.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2