Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Very, very common at this age. It may continue to be a struggle for a few years, I hate to tell you, but that's part of childhood too. But he will grow and survive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Default foods beyond cheerios

I'm in the same situation but here's some things that my son will sometimes eat:
    Sweet potato fries (can buy frozen)
    Flat out flatbread- by itself or with hummus spread on it
    Thinly sliced deli meats like roasted chicken or turkey
    Rotisserie chicken pieces
    Yo baby yogurt- with the veggies on the bottome (pear with green beans or apple/sweet potato)
    Pieces of banana
    Earth's best graham sticks
    Earth's best fish or chicken nuggets
    Earth's best french toast sticks or waffles
    Pancakes I make fresh

He will not eat veggies except the sweet potato fries and sometimes sweet potato I cook and mix with butter and brown sugar

Good luck! Last night I only got him to eat a few pieces of the flatout and banana. Next, I'm going to try teaching him to dip his foods to see if that works as others have suggested...

Not sure if you have tried these, but earths best makes these mini rice/potato crisps that have veggies mixed in. They are called Pop Snax and available at Target and some markets. One variety is spinach/carrot and another is sweet potato cinnamon. They are crunchy and organic.

Hang in there. I think what you are experiencing is very common, but try not to worry. Easier said than done.

momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thank you all for posting

----------------------------------------------------------------

mommymy is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I am in the same boat as you. My DS started protesting anything but crunchy foods at 15 months. I even had him evaluated by a feeding therapist because I thought it was part of his sensory issues but she thought he was a picky but not problem eater ... Yet. Good news is that he will now eat chicken nuggets or breaded chicken breasts, deli meats, try grilled turkey and cheese or ham and cheese as the outside is crunchy. Try melted cheese on crackers and all types of cereal. Kashi has a high protein cereal that you can try if he likes crunchy. if I think of more I will post. Still does not like veges but will drink a green smoothie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2