Thread: 3 year old

Jenn850 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default 3 year old

My 3 year old loves princesses... but I don't think she is tall enough for rides. Would it be worth the 2.5 hour drive to take her to the magic kingdom for the day? DS is 18 months, so he wouldn't get as much out of it. We are headed down for belated christmas with DH's family next week. I would say plan a longer trip for next year when they would both get a little more out of it.. but by then I will have a newborn too! I also hesitate because we are driving across state to visit my grandmother... and adding a few days to head north to a family condo. The driving is adding up! Please advise. It is funny, I worked at mgm for a year, but I was so not into toddlers 10 years ago, I don't know what is there for them!!

Also shocked at the cost! I think because I worked there, I feel like it should be free, but I don't have any connections any more!! lol.

Both kids will be able to go on many of the rides. There are only a few rides at MK with height restrictions ~ Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain and Barnstomer (this one's closed right now due to the construction).
    Ds2 was 2.5 the first time he went and absolutely loved all the rides, even the dark ones which surprised us ~ all the Fantasyland rides, Pirates, Buzz, PeopleMover, Jungle Cruise.
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

If you are only 2.5 hr away, it would totally be worth it! I would only hit magic kingdom for that age group. The other parks imo are geared toward older kids and adults for the most part. BTW, I heard that if you were a former disney employee, you can get some good deals. One of my friends' DH used to work there and she says that every time they go to WDW, they get a good deal. So, it never hurts to call and ask. We just got back from our trip last wk and my 2.5 yr old loved magic kingdom. The only ride he did not like was the haunted mansion.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We just took a trip with our 3 year old and 17 month old - they both could go on lots of rides, loved seeing the characters and we all had a blast! We had taken our 3 year old once before when she was 18 months and we had a great time then too!

Jenn850 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Thanks for the feedback. I need to get over the prego exhaustion and live a little! We are going to go. It will make our trip a little hectic but fun.