TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Little people Chanukah set!

I am so thrilled I found this. Finally a mass-market brand Chanukah play set.

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?...duct&pid=51248

Now I need to decide whether to give it to DD now, or hold it until next year. She will be 3 next Chanukah. Do you think she will still be interested in Little People then? She is just now (at 2) getting into them. I bought her the doll house for her first birthday and she had very little interest in in. I got her the bus this year for chanukah (she LOVES busses right now), and she loves it, and we have been using the people from the doll house as well.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yes, definitely put it out every year, even way past the age you would think she would be interested in it. We have the Fisher Price Nativity and the DGC are 11, 8, 7. I always put it out and I see each of them stop near it and pick up the figures and move them around. They really look forward to seeing and touching it as something from their childhood that they never tire of even though its a younger child's toy. It's so nice that they are making a Chanukah play set also!

azazela is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have one of these. It comes out every Hanukkah! My 5 year old is still interested in it although for the novelty of it mostly at this point. It plays two songs which continues to be fun because my daughter now sings along, while my little guy dances. I'd give it to her now, but she'll definitely still like it next year. It's a very cute set!
    Anna, mommy to DD 11/06 and DS 3/10

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I always wanted to buy that playset when the boys attended a Jewish preschool. So cute!

Quote Originally Posted by gamma View Post
    Yes, definitely put it out every year, even way past the age you would think she would be interested in it. We have the Fisher Price Nativity and the DGC are 11, 8, 7. I always put it out and I see each of them stop near it and pick up the figures and move them around. They really look forward to seeing and touching it as something from their childhood that they never tire of even though its a younger child's toy. It's so nice that they are making a Chanukah play set also!
    That's good to know! We have the Chanukah set and I didn't actually set it up this year because I didn't think DCs would be interested (although I was a little lame on getting any of the decorations except the Menorahs out this year). I'll definitely bring it out next year and see how it goes.
    Debbie