Default Planning Trip for Last Week of August 2012

What do I do? Where do I start? Kids will be 6 and 9, and tall enough for most if not all rides (tall kids.)

Considering staying at Hilton by the Broadwalk and using points, but could be convinced to stay at Disney Resort.

I figure I have time to get the most for our money and to educate myself.

azazela is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have no clue really and was in your same position a couple of months ago. Since then, however, we've instead decided to do an 8-night Disney Cruise this coming summer, leaving out of NYC. I have much younger kids so the whole WDW experience was really overwhelming for me. I figure with the cruise we still get a Disney experience (including one day at WDW) but a whole lot less stress! We've cruised out of NY once before (before we had kids though) and LOVED being on vacation immediately rather than dealing with airports/planes/trains/etc. Just wanted to throw out an idea.

Otherwise, DISboards seems to be a good planning board.
    Anna, mommy to DD 11/06 and DS 3/10

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Jen841 View Post
    What do I do? Where do I start? Kids will be 6 and 9, and tall enough for most if not all rides (tall kids.)

Considering staying at Hilton by the Broadwalk and using points, but could be convinced to stay at Disney Resort
    I figure I have time to get the most for our money and to educate myself.
    The unofficial guide (book) is a nice resource, as are the disboards. We prefer to stay at a wdw resort, but could be convinced to try elsewhere. This board has good tips also. Did you have any specific questions?

Default So many questions I don't know where to start

Seriously!

DH would like cruise/parks. NYC would save us airfare.... hmmmm

azazela is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Jen841 View Post
    Seriously!

DH would like cruise/parks. NYC would save us airfare.... hmmmm
    The cruises are on the pricey side to say the least, so I don't know about saving the cost of airfare, but it would definitely save you the hassle of air travel. I am so excited not to have to worry about most details. I read somewhere that while most vacations are not really a vacation for mom (I'm sure you know what I mean), a cruise most resembles a vacation. They have awesome kids clubs too which gives you adult time which is so hard to come by on a regular family vacation. Look into it!
    Anna, mommy to DD 11/06 and DS 3/10

Default How do you find the Land/Sea packages?

Parks and Cruise would be perfect for DH. Per my friends, it is the most relaxing vacation you can do with kids. I am having a hard time just grasping how much we are talking here. We received 'seed money' for Christmas that helps a bit.

spunkybaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't think they offer land/sea packages anymore. You just have to book them separately. We went on a 4-night Disney cruise in early December and then were at WDW for 5 nights afterwards. We had a great time!
    Mom to two spunky kids