Default For those in NC: CrystalCoastHalfOff.com SCAM

Just a heads up as I know we have a large number of NC members here.

In November, I purchased 50% off restaurant vouchers from www.crystalcoasthalfoff.com for our very favorite local restaurant.

I went to use them for a $100 X-Mas Eve dinner and was informed by the owner that they were fraudulently produced. Yeah - Merry Christmas to us...thank goodness we had money to pay for dinner!

He stated that the first time he did the vouchers a couple of months prior was authorized but the owner of the site re-ran the deal in November without his permission. He is in a legal action against her now as are a couple of other restaurants.

The vouchers were fufilled through an Ohio based fufillment service which refunded my money when I called today, however, it will take up to 30 days to get my money back. The fufillment service just stated that they are aware of an issue but are not involved in whatever the agreement was between the vendor and the restaurant.

The restaurant owner says the CCHO owner misrepresented herself as being with Channel 12 marketing with fake business cards, etc. His lawyers confirmed with Channel 12 that she just bought ad space from them and is not employed by them. The site is still up and running deals, though she has a message on her site that some of the businesses she partnered with in 2011 have chosen not to participate in 2012 and she is seeking new businesses to make deals with.

Her prior deals included popular restaurants, spas and family entertainment venues from Jacksonville all the way up to New Bern and Havelock (and maybe even further north and east?). Her current deals may be legit but I would call the business first to ensure they have authorized the deal!
    Last edited by amldaley; 12-28-2011 at 04:21 PM.
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for the heads up! Sorry you got burned!
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08