Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Here's another idea - a singing marble tree: http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...?product=25921

I've seen this IRL in our local toy store - DS2 (3yo) and another boy (about 18 months) played with it for about 30 minutes very successfully - no problems at all. I think we're going to get it for DS2's 4th birthday, he's still talking about it!

Jai is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    I would not do the twist and rail set for a 3 yo. My DS got it at 5, I wouldn't do it before that.

He got the basic set at 3yo, it was perfect for that age: http://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-QD80.../dp/B003TI4R9A

For the bigger set, I do agree that bumping it is a problem. We set it up on the coffee table and it's reasonably stable - can survive a week or so with DS2 (3yo) around, but he knows not to really mess with it and how to put the marbles in carefully. I think our set up - on a wood table on a wood floor - may be a real factor in our success with not having too many crashes. The one at the toy store is probably glued together. Good choice for a toy store, takes the fun out of it at home.
    Do you recommend the Quadrilla basic set over a plastic set for a 3 year old?

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Jai View Post
    Do you recommend the Quadrilla basic set over a plastic set for a 3 year old?
    That's a tough call. We don't have a plastic set so I can't make a fair comparison. DS loved the Quadrilla basic set at 3. I have no regrets. It is small though. We got a great deal on it. Is it worth $70? I don't know. We have a small house and embrace a "less is more" philosophy. IMO, we got $70 worth of play out of it and then some.

At 5, DS1 lists Quadrilla as one of his favorite toys. It started with that set. So, IMO it was well worth it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2