Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Where to go?

Quote Originally Posted by PAfirsttimemom View Post
    Hi. How old were your kids when you visited Yellowstone? In a separate thread I posted about looking for ideas for a vacation for DH, me, two boys 5 and 3, and my parents.
    ETA: I found their ages in one of their posts. Would my kids be too young for this trip?
    I haven't taken kids to Yellowstone, but I wouldn't do it at those ages. There's a LOT of driving because of the distances between airports/hotels/park and the size of the park. That would be a deal breaker for me.

Also Yellowstone is kind of dangerous for people who don't follow rules well (which would be my kids!). Between wild animals, getting lost and the geothermal features (my biggest worry at Yellowstone), I wouldn't take kids under age 5 or so because I would be too worried to have a good time. But I am sure people go and have fun and nothing bad happens so that is probably just me being paranoid--and having super adventuresome kids.

Catherine

The 3 yo would make me nervous because of the geysers. My kids would be on a leash But plenty of people go with kids that young. And the driving gets broken up because you stop constantly.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Thanks for the input. My kids are active and adventuresome, too. And you should see how fast the 3 yr old runs away from me at Target. Hmmm. Wouldn't want him running into a geyser!
    Mom to DS1 (3/06) and DS2 (9/08)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We really liked Yosemite! Went when ds1 was 5yo.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    We really liked Yosemite! Went when ds1 was 5yo.
    I've been considering this, too. I read that it is in close proximity to San Francisco, and I have never been. Would there be enough to do and see in Yosemite with young kids and parents who would not be into hiking?
    Mom to DS1 (3/06) and DS2 (9/08)

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PAfirsttimemom View Post
    I've been considering this, too. I read that it is in close proximity to San Francisco, and I have never been. Would there be enough to do and see in Yosemite with young kids and parents who would not be into hiking?
    I don't think so. Yosemite is really about hiking, camping, etc.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4