Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ha98ed14 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Good everyday tablecloth?

Having the Christmas linens out made me realize I like having a tablecloth on. Do you have an everyday one you like that can go in the washer? I want two: wear one, wash one. I have an odd table: 47 x 94 oval, so need a oval tablecloth.
    Mommy to my One & Only 05.07

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I like the finished look of a tablecloth too. I even bought one when we first got married. Hasn't been out since the first kid started sitting at the table. Right now it would be downright hazardous to have one.

But I got my tablecloth at IKEA.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I really like the ones that are coated fabric. They repel stains and spills pretty well. I got them at Bed Bath and Beyond with the 20% coupon. I have this one: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...L=963&RN=2528& but it's not nearly as dark or brown as it looks online - it's very neutral in our dining room. Easy to wash, easy to clean, and the stripe pattern in it, while neutral, hides any stains that might set in.

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

marie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    I really like the ones that are coated fabric. They repel stains and spills pretty well. I got them at Bed Bath and Beyond with the 20% coupon. I have this one: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...L=963&RN=2528& but it's not nearly as dark or brown as it looks online - it's very neutral in our dining room. Easy to wash, easy to clean, and the stripe pattern in it, while neutral, hides any stains that might set in.
    I have that one in the blue and the now-discontinued yellow check. They're perfect for the inevitable spills. The only stain that my blue one now has is some oil from potato pancakes that I didn't wipe up right away.
    marie
    mama to
    DD1 9/03
    DD2 12/07

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have that same BBBY tablecloth. It stands up to the kid onslaught really nicely. My only complaint is that I wish it came in more patterns.

Depending on how worried you are about using PVC and phthalates in your home, you may want to be careful with the laminated tablecloths. I know that there are some new rules preventing some of them from being used for bibs for instance.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

I get mine at Target. Whenever I see a new one with a design/pattern I like I pick it up. I love having my table "dressed" all the time. They're not the fanciest things, but they always have a variety of options and sizes...I have a square kitchen table.
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

This won't help the OP, but Snugglebuggles once gave me a tip on tablecloths for square tables. So this is for all of you that have a square table in your nook or kitchen. I was having a hard time finding a tablecloth to fit mine, which is 54"x54". I ordered a plain red one on Amazon, but it felt thin and cheap, stained easily, and wrinkled in the wash.

Snugglebuggles told me I could use a SHOWER CURTAIN as a tablecloth. They are the PERFECT size, come in ten million prints and colors, are usually thick, water and stain resistant, and wash beautifully.

I am currently using this faux suede one from Kohls, and I really like it.

It's under $26 right now -20% coupon= just under $21. I think I paid less, so watch for 30% and a sale on any shower curtain/table cloth your heart desires.
    http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/bath...er+Curtain.jsp

I will never go back to regular tablecloths again.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I am in the market for a good laminated tablecloth too. DS1 (and soon DS2) just makes too much of a mess to keep using cloth table coverings. I have been considering these:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/71853494...tton-oblong-or

It is a modern oilcloth, PVC free. I love the patterns. Etsy has a bunch of sellers for the laminated cotton/oilcloth. I am sure they could make you a custom size as well.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have one from Target that just's plain white that we use for a clean look. It's cotton..not coated...and really easy to wash. Stains come right out! We don't leave it on...just use it for meals..then wash.
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast